||June 20, 2018
||K-12: Charter Schools
||Providence, Rhode Island
Start Date: July 2018
Join Us in Building the School of the Future
In 2015, Achievement First opened two new innovative schools that we are calling Greenfield schools. The Greenfield schools set an exceptionally high bar for academics, habits of success and enrichment, grounded in several core practices:
- Integration of small group, large group, and individual learning
- High frequency feedback from staff and peers
- Regular goal setting and reflection with peers, staff, and family/community
- Personalized Learning Plans that allow for individualized, competency-based advancement
- Engaging students in hands-on, experiential learning through expeditions with external partners
Our Greenfield schools embody our best thinking about the school of future. We’re looking for entrepreneurial teachers, leaders and team members who want to help us deliver accelerated outcomes for students and build a school that looks like no other.
Greenfield Science Leads guide an exemplary science program that ignites student’s passion for science and enables them to master ambitious, grade-level science standards in a group and individual setting.|
- Manage and coach Science instructors toward their goals
- Lead weekly Intellectual Preparation Protocols for science investigations and close reading
- Prepare for and lead 3 science Investigations each week
- Prepare for and lead 1-2 science close reading lessons each week that support both science and literacy goals.
- Give feedback on student work to help them identify their strengths and areas for growth.
- Monitor and Support Self Directed Learning to ensure students are mastering content and taking advantage of opportunities to race ahead
- Ensure all students can articulate dreams and goals a goal that matters to them, can describe how that goal relates to their dreams, and are taking aligned steps toward that goal.
- Create a community in which scholars know each other’s goals / strengths / grows and in which the team meaningfully celebrates progress together and transparently tackles challenges.
- Build relationships and regularly engage with students’ Dream Teams to ensure students’ influencers are equipped with concrete strategies for supporting them
- Meet with the Greenfield design team 1-2xs a month to share feedback on the model to inform long term and short term curriculum improvements.
|Skills and Characteristics|
Working at Achievement First Greenfield: |
Achievement First Greenfield is an ideal workplace for an individual with a deep passion for education and innovation, who is eager to chart the course for our new school model.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Enjoys innovating and thinking creatively about how to best maximize learning for kids
- Understands our ultimate outcome is for students to own their own learning and lead their paths
- Embraces change, is flexible and adaptive
- Hungers for their own continuous learning and desires feedback
- Enjoys working with data to surface insights and drive outcomes
- Considers our school community (parents, families) to be part of their extended family
- Strong desire to work in education reform
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field, with a GPA of at least 3.0 from a competitive college or university highly preferred.
- 3+ years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement
- If not currently certified, obtaining necessary Rhode Island certification in specific subject and grade level is required within the first two months of employment.
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package. Teachers receive funds for supplies and materials as well as a laptop computer.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2018