||December 22, 2017
||K-12: Public Schools
ASSIGNMENT: This position will be responsible for teaching physical education to elementary students.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This continuing position is part of the KEA bargaining unit.
- Appropriate Washington State certification with an elementary or physical education endorsement (preferred) required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
- Major in physical education
- ELL endorsement
- Experience working with elementary school students
- Must maintain positive learning environment and have ability to relate to all students, parents, and colleagues
- Must be a team player with excellent management and communication skills
- Must be willing to share professional skills with other staff members
- Must have experience with or willingness to participate in integrated programs and/or team teaching
- Knowledge and/or training in balanced literacy, whole language/integrated curriculum, differentiated instruction, assessment tools and techniques, EALRs, constructivist mathematics, inquiry based science and social studies, cooperative learning, student learning styles, positive discipline and multicultural education
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2018