||January 03, 2018
||K-12: Independent Schools
||Los Angeles, California
Director of Early Education
School Administration | West Los Angeles, CA, United States
Stratford School is growing! We are excited to be opening our 4th Southern California Stratford School campus located in the West Los Angeles area, on the former site of New Roads School Lower School campus. Conveniently located near the intersection of interstate 405 and 10, in the Sawtelle neighborhood.
Our new West Los Angeles campus will open August of 2018. Architecture plans include a spacious multipurpose room, a new outdoor play area, and six renovated classrooms for students preschool through Kindergarten. Working as the Director of Early Education, the opportunities are rich as you collaborate with our engaging leadership team to drive excellence in education while broadening our impact across the Southern California region.
Growing the campus from the ground up by rolling up sleeves and working flexible hours creates an energetic and exciting start up environment. Our Director of Early Education will focus on creating a fun and enriching school environment, building strong community relationships by networking, and creating opportunities to share about Stratford School to drive enrollment.
About Stratford School
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Saratoga, CA, Stratford School is an exceptional operator of independent, non-secular, private, for-profit schools, offering Preschool – 8th grade. In 2015, Stratford refreshed its school-wide purpose: Connecting students to their unique futures. Stratford School seeks to create an extended school community that inspires children to realize their full potential, while providing a safe and nurturing school environment. To support this, Stratford School brings together campus leadership, teachers, and parents who are passionate about education. Together, they provide the best possible learning environment for its students through values that bind the entire school community.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring together exceptional educational outcomes, quality customer service, and leadership expertise to grow Stratford School, ensuring that our unique culture is inculcated in the daily operations. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen, customer focus, and talent development.
Specific duties include the following:
- Serves as the educational leader of the preschool through lower elementary and is responsible for its day-to-day operations.
- Adheres and ensures compliance with local governing and licensing agencies.
- Support all WASC accreditation initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with local and state regulations, and maintains the National Association of Independent Schools Principles of Good Practice.
- Attend, develop, and support ongoing marketing events.
Staff Development and Student Outcomes
- Directs the activities of the Faculty/Staff in the performance of their duties.
- Serves as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methodology, and general school procedures.
- Observes, supervises, and evaluates the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; supervises the teaching process; and reviews and evaluates academic programs.
- Is a visible presence in the school and connects daily with families, students, and staff.
- Manages the hiring, retention, and assignment of faculty.
- Conducts regular meetings and professional development opportunities with faculty.
- Oversees student performance and academic achievement.
- Assigns daily staff duties and schedules: recess, lunch, arrival and dismissal.
- Maintains a comprehensive calendar of school events.
- Creates a supportive and open and collaborative environment for faculty and staff.
- Plan school assemblies and special events.
- Attends professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in education, minimum of one per school year.
- Keeps the supervisor informed of the general programs, activities, and problems on campus.
- Customer service, both internal and external, is given top priority, and builds rapport with students, parents, and staff.
- Exudes courageous, compassionate, and caring leadership style that engenders support among colleagues, staff and the community through his/her knowledge, experience, creativity, vision and dedication to the school’s mission.
- A leader who can clearly articulate the vision of the school and has the ability to inspire both internal and external customers.
- A creative individual who thinks globally, works collaboratively, is open to new ideas and embraces change.
- Demonstrated leadership in ability to teach, train, supervise and support teachers in best practices.
- An individual of high integrity and reputation who understands the importance of trust, respect, collaboration, and high standards of excellence.
- A good listener who is intuitive, thoughtful, considerate, and compassionate about relationships with others.
- A mission driven individual who leads by example with enthusiasm, passion, and sparking intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in education at a minimum and Preschool Director qualified.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in a lower (upper) school environment preferred.
- Administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- CPR certified
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, letter of interest, a statement of educational philosophy, and three professional references.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2018