||January 01, 2018
||K-12: Independent Schools
The person selected for this position will be responsible for carrying out all the duties necessary for the day-to-day elementary lunch and extended day operations. The Lunch and Extended Day Teacher is responsible to supervise students by sight and sound and ensure their health and safety at all times. This person will work under direct supervision of the principal.
This is a part time position with the work schedule of Monday - Friday 11.00 AM - 1:15 PM and 3.00 PM - 6:00 PM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises students during lunch and extended day to ensure their safety at all times.
- Plan and organize after school arts and crafts, games, and outdoor activities.
- Monitor and assist children going to the bathroom.
- Monitor and assist children using the drinking faucet.
- Monitor and maintain proper teacher-to-student ratio.
- Assist in implementing the daily program under the supervision of the extended care team lead.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed. Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the auditorium prior to the arrival and departure of students for each lunch shift.
- Keep auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
- Assist in supervision during outdoor play. Supervise and interact with students during outdoor playtime.
- Assist in overall classroom behavior under the direct supervision of the extended care supervisor.
- Responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
- Submit a weekly lesson plan to your principal/team lead.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness. Display passion, energy, and enthusiasm for job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Perform daily task and responsibilities with integrity.
Oral and Written Communication Skills
High school graduate or GED
High school occupational program
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2018