||August 09, 2019
||K-12: Public Schools
- Current New Mexico Licenses in Occupational Therapy
- New Mexico State Department of Education License
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Occupational Therapy
- School-based experience preferredREPORTS TO: Building Principal & Director of Special EducationJOB GOAL:
- PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To develop and maintain fine motor, sensory, and perceptual skills of students with disabilities for maximum participation in daily classroom activities and other educational activities required for learning.
- Screens and evaluates students with physical and/or psycholosocial disabilities in the areas of fine motor function, independent living skills, and sensory and perceptual motor skills
- Participates as a member of an Individual Education Program (IEP) team to plan intervention and service delivery programs to meet students individual needs
- Implements direct, indirect management programs based on intervention goals determined by evaluation results and IEP team.
- Provides information and consultation services to administrators, school personnel, parnts, and community agencies to develop and maintain support of students with physical and/or psychosocial disabilities in the educational environment and the objectives of the occupational therapy service.
- Promotes effective verbal and written communication with administrators, school personnel, parents and community agencies.
- Employs planning, record-keeping, resource management, and learning environment management practices which are consistent with district and school expectations and which maximize the therapist’s effectiveness.
- Completes appropriate documentation for the district’ participation in the Medicaid in the schools program
- Adheres to district, state and federal regulations, and laws related to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Adheres to the ethical standards and codes of the profession.ADDITIONAL PEFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clinical supervision of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants or trainees, as agreed upon by OT and Director of Special Education or designee.
- Use current technology to prepare reports, IEP’S and other documents and to record student date.
- Perform other tasks as may be deemed appropriate and necessary by the principal, Director of Special Education and/or the superintendent. 144Must have a thorough understanding and use of proper body mechanics and lifting techniques. This position requires a significant amount of standing, lifting, carrying, reaching, crawling, squatting, kneeling and sitting on the floor.
- SAFETY AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS:
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Drug Test
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautionsEQUIPMENT/MATERIAL HANDLED Must be able to work within various degrees of noise and temperature. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.EVALUATIONS: Nine-month contract or purchase service agreement/contract based on school calendar; salary to be based on the related services salary schedule.This job description for Occupational Therapist is effective upon receipt. Personnel policies adopted by the Board of Education, and deemed appropriate for the job, shall be in effect. Salary amounts shall be set according to the adopted salary schedule. This job description may be revised at any time in response to District needs.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Employee’s performance will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the district policy on personnel evaluation. Evaluations will be completed by building administrators in cooperation with Director of Special Education or designee.
- WORK ENVIROMENT:
- The therapist shall maintain evaluation and therapy materials and equipment provided by the district. Equipment may include but is not limited to wheelchairs, seating devices, walkers, crutches, assistive devices, therapeutic equipment, therapy balls, bolsters, and weights.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019