|Date Posted||July 15, 2019|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
TITLE: Special Ed Paraprofessional
QUALIFICATIONS: Certified Para Professional, 48 hours college credit, or must pass Paraprofessional test. Demonstrates aptitude for successful completion of assigned task
REPORTS TO: Principal and Special Ed Teacher
JOB GOALS: To help provide a smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
PAY GRADE: Refer to the Support Salary Schedule
1. Assists teacher in educational process of the special needs students.
2. Assist students to and from buses.
3. Monitor student if in isolation.
4. Eats with students during lunch.
5. Goes out to recess with students when needed.
6. Takes students to and from bathroom.
7. Works with students one on one for tutoring.
8. Assist regular teacher with grading papers.
9. Assists with maintaining classroom materials.
10. Assists wheelchair and physically handicapped student loading and unloading the bus.
11. Assists physically handicapped students getting to other classes.
12. Assists physically handicapped students with their feeding and toilet needs.
13. Assists special education students in mainstreamed classes when needed.
14. Assists with duplicating needed materials and helping with special education forms when asked to do so.
15. Helps with bulletin boards.
16. Takes over the special education class when the teacher is absent.
17. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal or teacher may assign from time to time.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Same as the school calendar including professional days.