||August 12, 2019
||K-12: Public Schools
Kent-Meridian High School is a 9-12 high school of over 2000 students located within the city of Kent. KM is the most diverse high school in the state of Washington. It serves a richly diverse student population (81% students of color, 33% of students served in either ELL or SE, 71 different languages spoken); ethnically, racially, and socio-economically (70+% free/reduced lunch). There is a strong commitment by the staff and administration at KM to successfully prepare all students to be successful when they graduate. To ensure this commitment, KM has converted to a full Standards-based Instruction and grading system. Our transparent Standards-based grading system ensures students are assessed on specific standards and skills tied to scales that are meaningful and frequently measured. Our School Improvement plan is based on rigor, relevance, and relationships. In addition, Kent-Meridian offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme for students in grades 11 and 12 as well as rigorous AP and Honors programs in the 9th and 10th grade. Kent-Meridian also offers AVID, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), a Technology Academy as well as a variety of co-curricular programs including sports, music, theater, and special interest activities.
ASSIGNMENT: Teaching Spanish to high school students; grades 9 - 12. This assignment may involve working with students individually, in small groups, or entire classes.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is part of the KEA bargaining unit.
- Appropriate Washington State certification and endorsements required and must be on file prior to beginning work
- ELL endorsement
- Able to work cooperatively with a team of teachers
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Must maintain positive learning environment and have ability to relate to all students, parents and colleagues
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of differing student learning styles and cooperative learning and teaching students of varying abilities
- Excellent management skills
- Willing to share professional skills with other staff members
- Excellent technology skills and can use and incorporate computers/technology into curriculum
- Strong background in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Experience working with high school level students
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- The willingness or qualifications of an applicant to coach or supervise activities and/or sports in addition to his/her teaching responsibilities will be considered.
- Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019