||August 13, 2019
||K-12: Charter Schools
About KIPP Texas Public School:
Across the state of Texas, millions of children live in educationally underserved communities, struggling in poor-performing schools. For more than 24 years, Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) has demonstrated the powerful impact a high-quality education has on improving graduation rates and college attainment, enabling students and communities to command their futures. Through the network of schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio, KIPP has been the driving force in raising expectations for academic success with students, families, communities, cities, states, and the nation by proving what is possible.
The KIPP regions in Texas have joined forces to create KIPP Texas Public Schools in order to accelerate the increase of our academic outcomes and the numbers of students we are educating. This unified organization allows us to more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across our state. In the first year of KIPP Texas Public Schools, we will be educating over 27,700 students in 52 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. We intend to grow to more than 100,000 students across Texas, proving what is possible for our students, our communities, and our state.
KIPP Texas - Houston seeks creative, entrepreneurial, loving, and results-focused candidates who thrive on challenge and welcome the opportunity to be a part of a culture of continuous feedback, professional development, and innovation both inside and outside the classroom. We seek dedicated professionals with a passion for both education and social justice, who are willing to do whatever it takes to help our kids climb the mountain to and through college.
Beliefs: The Lead Teacher must believe that…
Character: The Lead Teacher must…
- All children can and will learn.
- Accountability starts and ends with me.
- When there are problems, I find solutions.
- When there is a better way, I find it. When a teammate needs help, I give. When I need help, I ask.
- With deliberate practice, I can constantly become a better teacher.
- I am a constant learner.
- We are stronger as a team. I have a responsibility to my colleagues to be a contributor, not a contaminator.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Duties:
- Have grit. When he or she gets “stuck”, he/she works relentlessly to solve the problem.
- Be zesty. He or she must find passion, joy, and adventure in our work.
- Make decisions with students’ best interests in mind.
- Demonstrate self-control, both work-related and inter-personal.
- Keep commitments made to students, families, and colleagues
- Express and maintain optimism about the future of our students and our schools.
- Be dependable, organized, efficient, creative, flexible, and self-aware.
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Be responsive; follows up and follow through with students, families, and faculty members.
- Be inspirational and motivational.
- Possess passionate and loving attitude toward all children.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Model and uphold KIPP Texas - Houston's vision and values
- Participates actively in developing and following through with individualized learning plans and behavior plans for students.
- Uses time effectively to meet students’ educational and behavioral needs
- Delivers quality instruction/lessons created by teachers
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students and teachers based on trust and respect.
- Provides instructional support within the special education and general education classroom as needed in order to meet students’ needs.
- Communicates high expectations for behavior by teaching, practicing, and reinforcing rules and consequences.
- Approaches practice with a sense of urgency maximizing every minute.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
- Assumes responsibility for student achievement.
- Provides feedback to teachers about students’ progress and needs.
- Support students in basic life skills such as toileting, eating, and dressing.
- Actively participate in regular professional development and professional learning teams.
- Other activities assigned at the School Leaders’ discretion to achieve our mission.
- Bilingual (Spanish - English) required
- Associate’s degree, required
- Meets a rigorous standard of quality by passing the ParaPro assessment
- Ability to communicate effectively, interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
- At least one year of experience in a school setting as a paraprofessional, preferred
- Weekday hours are from 7AM to 5:00PM
- Professional Development: 3 ½ weeks from mid-July through mid-August
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.Physical Demands:
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Long periods of standing and sitting and have the ability to lift items up to 25 lbs. is required. There will be continued use of hands, wrist and arm movements.
- Requires normal/corrected vision and hearing.
- Ability to lift children up to 50 lbs.
- Periodic participation in activities to support the KIPP team/mission (such as assembling lunches or rearranging lightweight furniture) is required.
- Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position will have periods of extended work week hours, which is required to support both the ongoing development of the school and the delivery of high quality education for all students.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019