||November 23, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Teacher - Automotive Technician, Secondary Position Details
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The teacher will implement into daily instruction, appropriate educational curriculum
based on the Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) and course syllabi. The
teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective
student learning and supports school and Clark County School District programs and
goals. This person will be expected to adhere to the District-s Professional Domains and
Standards for Licensed Employees and will report directly to the school site
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Administers appropriate District curriculum which is aligned with the NVACS.
2. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Creates and maintains a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning
condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develops and implements the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyzes student progress and provides appropriate instruction.
6. Provides a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensures safety practices in an automotive laboratory.
8. Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
9. Develops an understanding of the automotive technology field.
10. Develops a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
11. Works professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and the community.
12. Integrates technology into the instructional program.
13. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary
2. Demonstrate knowledge in the understanding of the automobile, its
subassemblies, and the scientific principles governing its operation.
3. Demonstrate skills in the correct use and care of automotive tools and
4. Demonstrate current knowledge of adolescent research and best practices.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and
6. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
7. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
8. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with
instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
9. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
10. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
11. Maintain and improve professional competence.
12. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
Position Requirements Education and Training
1. Minimum of a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. Have completed three (3) semester hours of credit in a course of study regarding
parental involvement and family engagement.
3. Have been employed for at least five (5) years after the age of 16 in a position
which relates to the endorsement area of automotive service technology.
Three (3) of the five (5) years of employment may be met by the completion of
coursework or training in the career and technical education area related to the
endorsement. Each of the following will be considered equivalent to one (1) year of full-
Sixteen (16) semester credits from an accredited or licensed postsecondary
Two hundred and fifty (250) hours of training from an accredited or licensed
Two Thousand (2000) hours of part-time employment
One Thousand (1000) hours of pre-planned employment (i.e. apprenticeship or
on-the job training)
For detailed requirements, visit:
usiness_Industry_July2016.pdf Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a
Business and Industry license issued by the Nevada Department of Education.
2. Must be certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
(ASE) as a master automobile technician or as an automobile technician in
brakes, electric and electronic systems, auto maintenance and light repair, and
suspension and steering.
3. Endorsed in automotive service technology. When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement. AA/EOE Statement
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin. Job Revision Information
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020