||November 23, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
CLARK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT Human Resources Division
Teacher - LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST SECONDARY
Division: Licensed Personnel
Terms of Employment: 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
This is a salaried position assigned to the Clark County School District (CCSD) Teacher Salary Schedule. POSITION SUMMARY:
The teacher will implement into daily student instruction ensuring appropriate educational
curriculum based on the Nevada State Standards and course syllabi. The teacher will create and maintain an
educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs and goals.
This person will be expected to adhere to the CCSD Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and
report directly to the school site administrator. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administer appropriate district curriculum which is aligned with the Nevada State Standards.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment developing attitudes, habits, and
skills leading to lifelong library use.
3. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academical y focused learning condition in the library media center.
4. Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Assist teachers integrating library media center services and instruction with classroom instruction.
6. Collaborate with teachers to develop library media center resources.
7. Provide instruction col aboratively with classroom teacher of record.
8. Develop a balanced collection of print and electronic resources representative of diverse points of view.
9. Provide an environment that fosters library use by students and staff.
10. Ensure a relevant professional library promoting the professional development of the faculty and staff.
11. Develop a library media climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
12. Work professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and community.
13. Integrate technology into the instructional program.
14. Develop and maintain a manual of library policies and procedures.
15. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned. POSITION EXPECTATIONS:
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary library media environment.
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
3. Display materials to promote use of library information center resources.
4. Become proficient in district library automation software.
5. Serve as a resource person to administrators, teachers, and students.
6. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the
needs of all students.
7. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
8. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
9. Maintain and improve professional competence.
10. Facilitate student development of independent library information skills.
11. Offer faculty in-service sessions in the area of information literacy, electronic, and online resources.
12. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
13. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by administrator.
1 of 2
Education and Training:
1. Bachelor-s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications:
1. Must possess, or be able to acquire, a Nevada Educational License issued by the Nevada Department of
2. Must hold, or be able to hold, an endorsement in K-12 School Library Media Specialist.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the
appropriate position vacancy announcement as well as the job description. AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, or national origin.
2 of 2
3 of 2
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020