||May 11, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Teacher - Mathematics, Secondary Position Details
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The teacher will implement into daily instruction appropriate educational curriculum
based on the Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) and the course syllabi.
The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages
effective student learning and supports school and Clark County School District
programs and goals. This person will be expected to adhere to the District Professional
Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and will report directly to the school
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Administers appropriate District curriculum which is aligned with the NVACS.
2. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Creates and maintains a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning
condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develops and implements the Components of an Effective Mathematics Lesson
5. Analyzes student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provides a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develops a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Works professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and community.
10. Integrates technology into the instructional program.
11. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community
3. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with
instructional objectives in order to meet the needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
8. Maintain and improve professional competence.
9. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
Position Requirements Education and Training
An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university. Licenses and Certifications
Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a teaching
license issued by the Nevada Department of Education. Must be certified in relevant
subject area. When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin. Job Revision Information
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020