|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
Jenks Public Schools Job Description
Position: Teacher Assistant
Reports to: Principal
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Satisfy No Child Left Behind requirements by:
a. Having an associate’s degree or higher, or
b. Completing at least 2 years of study (48 hrs.)at an institution of higher ed, or
c. Taking and passing a rigorous standard of demonstrated quality by June 30, 2006
3. Computer and clerical skills required.
4. Good interpersonal skills with students and adults.
5. Satisfy all district requirements with regard to physical health and citizenship.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Position Goal: To assist the teachers with small group instruction, materials preparation, record keeping and student supervision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Reinforcement of math, english, reading, social studies and science instruction.
2. Assist with individual and/or small group instruction.
3. Assist with remedial instruction.
4. Grade papers and record grades.
5. Prepare materials, clean up, and assist the classroom teacher(s), as needed.
6. Help maintain student records.
7. Help with playground and cafeteria supervision.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Employment Terms: Nine (9) month classified hourly contract
FLSA Qualification: Non-Exempt
Evaluation: Jenks Public Schools Classified Evaluation
This is an overview intended for compliance with the ADA – it is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position.
Regular Requirements: Stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; twist at the neck and trunk; bend at the waist; stoop, kneel, crouch; lift/move up to 20 pounds; handle objects and tools with hands; repetitive use of fingers and hands.
Occasional Requirements: Reach with hands and arms overhead, above shoulder and horizontally; lift/move up to 40 pounds.
Visual Requirements: Close, color, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
Hearing/Speaking Requirements: Adequate to exchange information.