The person selected for this position will be responsible to assist as needed in the classroom. The floater will report directly to the assigned campus each day and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. If a substitute is not needed, the floater will assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the principal as needed. Per business needs, travel might be required to support other campuses. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Substitute as needed.
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- If a teaching position becomes available during the school year, the floater teacher is the first teacher assigned to the classroom. Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or
a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Prior work experience in a classroom required. Physical Requirements:
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.