||October 09, 2019
||K-12: Charter Schools
Brooklyn, New York
WHO WE ARE
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. We strive to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that all children can learn when immersed in a rich environment full of high expectations, rigorous academics, and caring, committed adults. We believe equity and excellence are not mutually exclusive—we can meet the needs of all students in our schools, while actively engaging parents and driving toward excellent academic results. We believe it is both our privilege and responsibility to help close the opportunity gap in the Brooklyn community.
WHO YOU ARE
Explore Schools seeks a dedicated school operations professional who excels at project management, and providing high-level support to leaders. You have a combination of experience and interest in providing support and maintaining strong systems for instructional and operational needs. You are extremely detail-oriented, an excellent relationship-builder, and skilled at presenting information to audiences in ways that are easy to digest. The ideal candidate is proficient in Excel and enjoys working in an environment where you get to take initiative and roll up your sleeves.
• Committed to working in under-served communities
• Strong project manager: proven track record of managing multiple projects, and tracking progress
• Exceptional communication skills: clear and concise delivery with approaches that consider audiences
• Savvy relationship manager: ability to manage up, hold peers and leaders accountable, and motivate others
• Experience working with data: cleaning up and maintaining systems, communicating complex information into easy-to-digest presentations
• Flexible can-do attitude: willingness to provide support as needed, excited to support the instructional team through different ad-hoc projects
• Highly organized, and strong attention to detail
• Excel proficiency; preferred
• A minimum of 3 years of experience, preferred
• Bachelor’s degree; required
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Program Manager, you will work in the Operations team at a school and collaborate closely with leadership to create and enforce strong systems that provide school support and manage data. This work will include managing broad school operational, and instructional projects, as well as providing trainings around data management and integrity.
• Collaborate with teachers and instructional leaders to align on support needed, maintaining strong relationships
• Implement necessary systems and operational support for the instructional team, communicating clearly and meeting deadlines
• Manage and share scholar data with teachers, leaders, families and students, includes: student information system, performance data (IAs) testing information, assessments, enrollment data, gradebooks, report cards, etc.
• Lead staff training for student information systems, assessments, and student data analysis
• Manage internal and external communication structures, including creating and managing family communication
• Coordinate testing administration, scoring, and data analysis for internal and state exams
• Work with instructional team to create and disperse school schedules
• Additional operational duties: manage special projects, support tech needs, manage field trips, coordinate student transportation, support student recruitment and enrollment, cover main office, work with parents, lunch/recess duty, other special projects as needed
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Explore staff enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, generous vacation-including network shutdown days, considerable matching of retirement contribution, and more.
Additionally, you can expect:
• Professional development: teachers participate in weekly PD, year-round retreats and trainings, and on-going coaching by professionals
• Continued education support: staff are eligible to receive some scholarship towards qualifying certification costs or higher education tuition
• Flexible and reflective leadership: dedicated to staff development, and committed to direct and sensitive communication
• Driven and passionate colleagues who contribute to a professional and collaborative work environment
Explore is a network of 8 charter schools located in the Canarsie, Crown Heights, and Flatbush communities of Brooklyn, NY. Our network office is located in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Explore Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.
Apply by submitting an application via our website, including a letter in which you describe your interest in the role with us.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019