||October 08, 2019
||K-12: Charter Schools
JOB TITLE: Facilities Technician
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a statewide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!
The Facilities Technician is part of the Facilities Department, and is responsible for performing repairs, preventative maintenance, and improvement projects at one or more assigned facilities. The Maintenance Technician will work on various systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and grounds maintenance. The Maintenance Technician will work under the direction of an experienced Sr. Maintenance Technician and/or Campus Facilities Manager, and will have opportunities for on-the-job training and formal professional development. As a key member of the statewide Facilities team, the Facilities Technician will report to the Sr. Facilities Technician. This role furthers the mission of KIPP by providing a clean and safe learning environment for students and faculty.
Skills and Qualifications
- Responsible for maintaining the campus buildings and grounds
- Manage and maintain all building systems: Burglar and fire alarms, elevators, HVAC, irrigation systems, and all other systems.
- Responsibilities include basic painting, pest control, lawn care, plumbing and basic electrical repairs.
- Execute work orders to high standards of quality and timeliness.
- Communicate with school staff and departments to coordinate completion of work orders and setup for campus events.
- On call response during and after operating hours.
- Perform regular inspections and do whatever it takes to resolve potential problems before they escalate.
- Attend meetings, professional development meetings and training session “Continuous Learning”
Compensation and BenefitsSalary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.APPLY HERE http://kippcareers.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0X0W00000AUvRCABOUT KIPPKIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- 1-3 years of facilities or maintenance related experience.
- Knowledge of building systems and the maintenance and repair thereof.
- Expertise in or technical knowledge of HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing systems highly preferred.
- Skill in maintaining positive relations with others.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills required to work with a broad group of stakeholders with different interests and needs.
- Basic computer skills required; experience in Microsoft Outlook and/or facilities work order software preferred.
- English fluency is required; Spanish is a plus .
- Reliable transportation required (may be required to drive to different facilities or to pick up supplies during the workday).
- Flexibility in work schedule.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019