||October 08, 2019
||K-12: Public Schools
Jenks Public Schools Job Description
Position: Teacher Assistant - Early Learning Center
Reports to: Site Coordinator - Early Childhood Center
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience in preschool or childcare teaching preferred.
- Must meet all state licensing requirements.
- Early childhood training through credit and/or non-credit classes, workshops, conferences, etc. preferred.
- Ability to lift thirty pounds to shoulder height.
- The ability to bend, stand, kneel, lift and move freely about in order to interact with children and perform all job duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Satisfy all district requirements with regard to physical health and citizenship.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Position Goal: Assist in providing innovative teaching and care in an early learning environment that offers and encourages choice and developmentally appropriate self-direction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with everyday operations of the program, including setting up before students come and cleaning up after the students leave.
- Work with students in a manner consistent with each child’s growth and development, be aware of each child's needs.
- Assist in preparing lesson plans for children in accordance with developmentally appropriate practices.
- Implement lesson plans in a developmentally appropriate environment. Structure work and play centers to meet the needs of the children and licensing requirements.
- Attend all required meetings and meet all staff development requirements.
- Assist in evaluation of the program.
- Adhere to student behavior and discipline as per the Jenks Elementary Handbook. Guide and administer discipline in a positive, respectful manner, while promoting self-control, self-direction and self-esteem for each individual child.
- Attend workshops and conferences in accordance with licensing standards and requirements per licensed year.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Employment Terms: Nine (9) month classified hourly contract
FLSA Qualification: Non-Exempt
Evaluation: Jenks Public Schools Classified Evaluation
This is an overview intended for compliance with the ADA – it is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position.
Regular Requirements: Stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; twist at the neck and trunk; bend at the waist; stoop, kneel, crouch; lift/move up to 20 pounds; handle objects and tools with hands; repetitive use of fingers and hands.
Occasional Requirements: Reach with hands and arms overhead, above shoulder and horizontally; lift/move up to 40 pounds.
Visual Requirements: Close, color, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
Hearing/Speaking Requirements: Adequate to exchange information.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019