||October 09, 2019
||K-12: Charter Schools
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 54outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
Human Resources Team Overview
Uncommons Human Resources (HR) team is undergoing an exciting transformation to improve HR operations and systems. We are seeking a skilled HR leader with experience in large-scale HRIS implementations and management of the Human Resources data function. This role will provide project leadership and collaborate with all levels of the Talent, Accounting, Finance, IT and school-based teams and will oversee the planning, prioritization and execution of the HRIS portfolio of projects.
Systems Design/ Management:
- Manage the current systems infrastructure and leads the future implementation and maintenance of HRIS solutions based on strategic and functional needs.
- Support the Senior HR Director, and other Finance, Talent, and IT leaders to document existing processes in preparation for the implementation of an HRIS system
- Work closely with talent, finance, and operations team leaders to identify and implement methods for improving current HR processes, promoting process standardization, efficiency and standard methodologies.
- Lead system upgrades, ensure data back-ups, test new features, and functionality additions. Deeply understand partners goals and use cases for the HRIS
- Understand and champion the appropriate long-term vision for the platform.
Data Management and Reporting in Partnership with the IT and Data Teams:
- Lead the HR data management function and its day-to-day operations (reporting, auditing, integration) to support HR on/off-boarding, benefits, time and attendance, payroll, position control, and staff data collection.
- Create and implement solutions, standards and controls to ensure HR data accuracy and integrity in the current state and in anticipation of a new HRIS.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of our existing and upcoming technology tools and understand the integration between them to find efficiencies and solve issues related to transactional work
- Lead the systems administrators and data management support team, who are responsible for all HR transactional processing.
- Directly run assigned projects; developing comprehensive project plans that identify clear landmarks, dependencies, assumptions, and handle contingencies for any identified risk;
- Collaborate with internal partners and vendors to facilitate implementation of Human Resources projects
- Independently create detailed communication and change management plans for workstreams including simple, creative ways to explain complex information for clear decision-making
- Ensure user adoption of new processes by creating training materials and providing mentorship, guidance, support and performance feedback to front-end users of our HR systems
- Contract & Payment: Handle renewal and payment of yearly contract
- Manage and establish relationship with vendor, act as liaison between vendor and Uncommon on any projects, and own school-level issues & difficult conversations.
- Critical issues: Work with Director to handle vendor issues
- 3 years of working experience leading complex, medium to large scale HR systems projects with a business and technology focus (including experience with at least one HRIS implementation)
- Expertise in one or more HR/Talent related areas
- Candidates with deep systems building and/or technology project management experience outside of the HR field are also encouraged to apply
- Interest in and alignment with Uncommons mission. Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities preferred.
- Bachelors degree required
Skills and Experience
- Strong data analysis skills and strategic decision-making; comfort diving in to various content areas to problem solve and identify strategic next steps
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose issues, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions
- Ability to find and prioritize critical-path activities, taking assumptions and contingencies for potential risks into account
- Maturity, flexibility, comfort with ambiguity and a sense of optimism/can-do attitude especially in the face of opposing demands and external pressures
- Strong organizational systems for both self and others to ensure accountability for timely, high-quality outcomes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a diverse set of audiences
- Change management skills, and ability to manage up and influence partners without direct authority to make change
- Experience balancing detailed thinking with big picture strategic decisions demonstrated through the ability to break down complex projects into key achievements and concrete action steps
- Experience providing documentation/transparency into key aspects of projects (e.g. progress, achievements, etc.) for senior leadership and other partners
- Action-orientation with excellent follow-through skills; works well independently and in teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive.We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019