|Date Posted||November 26, 2019|
|Job Status||Temporary / Contract|
Study Smart Tutors is adding enthusiastic and engaging English Tutors to our team!
***Must be Available for Fall Semester***
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Study Smart Tutors a college access organization operating throughout the state of California. Our mission is to help low-income; first-generation college-bound students realize their college dreams by building their confidence and developing their test-taking skills.
Study Smart Tutorsoffers an array of college access courses at no cost to our students or their families. We are able to accomplish this by partnering with schools, outreach programs, and other college access organizations to provide efficient and effective college access programming and classroom-based test preparation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Single-SubjectTutoring: Individual and small groups of 9th & 10th grade. Tutors will have access to curriculum & information about class assignments.
2. Adapt to new lessons and teaching methods
3. Maintain fluid communication with Study Smart Tutors staff
4. Attend professional development sessions and training
5. Able to work the following schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
EDUCATION, JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A college degree is required.
· Tutoringexperience—especially with low-income, first-generation students—is expected
· Must have experience with middle school or high school population
· Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
SALARY AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This position is contracted at $35/hour, PLUS MILEAGE ($0.58 per mile).
The training is paid at a separate rate.
Send your resume to this employer.