||February 13, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Job Title: Athletic Coach
Reports To: Athletic Director/Principal/Superintendent
Evaluated By: Principal or Designee
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Days and hours to be arranged, with salary according to current schedule.
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem. To instruct student athletes in a specific sports activity.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
- Expressed interest in athletics
- Experience in coaching
- Physical ability to perform essential functions
- Available to work during assigned hours
- Understanding of and agreement with the District's goals of an athletic program
- Knowledge of coaching techniques and human behavior
- Possess knowledge of the State, Federal and School Board Policies and Regulations
regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary action
- Familiar with the care and treatment of athletic injuries
- All High School Head Athletic Coaches (except Spirit Line/Cheerleading) must be certified by the Arizona Department of Education
- Coaches must complete NFHS Coaches Course including Concussion Course
- First Aid and CPR Certification
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the duties and responsibilities as stated in the primary administrative assignment and as stated below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for successful performance
- Provide a positive learning environment for the athletes
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season in accordance with district policy and AIA regulations
- Manage athlete behavior during training sessions and during meets or events
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and
- Assist the athletic director, when necessary, in scheduling interscholastic contests where applicable
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate
- Maintain complete and accurate records as required (i.e. attendance forms, insurance
records, file accident reports, etc.) competition in his/her sport
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility/area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times, especially, when students are present.
- Follow district procedures in establishing performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in his/her sport
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students
- Assumes primary responsibility for field or court preparation
- Provide athletic director with team rosters as requested
- Provide athletic director with end of year inventory as requested
- Head Coach of each sport to provide athletic director the evaluation of coaches as requested
- Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may seem to be appropriate to the School Board or Administration.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, as defined in District policy and regulations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the appropriate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the School Board's policy.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The Maricopa Unified School District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. The Maricopa Unified School District 20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020