||September 29, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Teacher - Clinic Instructional Facilitator Position Details
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The teacher will implement into instruction, appropriate educational curriculum based on
the Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) or the course syllabi. The teacher
will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student
learning and supports school and Clark County School District programs and goals. The
teacher will serve as a support to the site-based teacher of record with two (2)-way
collaborative communication between the clinic and home school. This teacher will be
expected to adhere to the District Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed
Employees, Clinic Expectations, and will report directly to the assigned supervisor of the
Assistive Technology Services, Student Support Services (SSD), Curriculum, Instruction,
and Assessment Unit (CIAU).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Administers appropriate District curriculum which is aligned with the NVACS.
2. Ensures educational instruction in a supportive environment within the clinical
3. Creates and maintains a positive, orderly, safe, and academically focused
4. Develops and implements the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Supports appropriate instruction, modification, adaptations, and implement
Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and 504-s as applicable in an organized,
systematic, and meaningful manner in conjunction with the teacher of record.
6. Analyzes student progress and ensures assessment regulations and guidelines
are followed within allowable restraints at all times.
7. Develops a climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
8. Communicates and works professionally with administrators, District and clinic
staff, parents, and the community.
9. Integrates appropriate technology into the instructional program with the
assistance of the Assistive Technology Department.
10. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a learning
2. Knowledge of instructional software programs and technology.
3. Ability to assess student-s quickly changing technology needs and follow
CCSD/SSD guidelines to acquire such technology.
4. Ability to customize technology to support-s quickly changing needs.
5. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community
6. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
7. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
8. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with
instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
9. Participate as an active member with other faculty, staff, and clinic team.
10. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
11. Maintain and improve professional competence.
12. Communicate effectively both written and orally including prescribed modes of
communication, as appropriate (i.e., Braille, sign language, augmentative
devices, bilingual, with the assistance of the Assistive Technology Department,
and the Linking Instructional Needs and Key Supports (LINKS) Team, etc.).
13. Maintain clinic requirements to ensure policies are followed and safety
procedures are adhered.
Position Requirements Education and Training
1. An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Completed three (3) years of successful teaching experience. Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a
teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education. Certified in
Elementary Education or Special Education Generalist.
2. A valid driver-s license that allows the applicant/employee to legally operate a
motor vehicle in Nevada. Preferred Qualifications
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement. AA/EOE Statement
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin. Job Revision Information
- Revised: 02/14/20
- Created: 02/14/20
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020