||June 23, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Project Facilitator, K-8 Mathematics Position Details
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The individual selected for this position will provide specialized support for teachers and
administrators in K-8 mathematics. In addition, the project facilitator will plan, develop,
and provide professional learning in the areas of mathematics curricula, instruction, and
program support. The project facilitator will collaborate with Region personnel, members
of the Southern Nevada Regional Professional Development Program (RPDP), and
Clark County School District divisions and departments including, but not limited to: the
Assessment, Accountability, Research, and School Improvement Division (AARSI);
Human Resources Division (HRD); English Language Learner Department (ELLD); and
Student Services Division (SSD), to promote consistency in professional development
activities in addressing District goals, initiatives, and objectives. This position is aligned
with Article 35 of the 2010-11 Negotiated Agreement between the Clark County School
District and the Clark County Education Association (CCEA). The individual selected for
this position is responsible to the Director of K-12 Mathematics Department, Curriculum
and Professional Development Division (CPDD), Curriculum, Instruction, and
Assessment Unit (CIAU).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Plans and develops new and/or revised curricula for Grades K-8 mathematics.
2. Plans, prepares, and facilitates mathematics professional learning activities to
support classroom teachers with the implementation of mathematics curricula
focusing on student achievement.
3. Assists the Coordinator of K-12 Mathematics in the selection of teacher task
forces and works with those task forces to create new and/or revise mathematics
curricula, pacing of the curricula, and assessments.
4. Collaborates with a variety of divisions, departments, and institutions to provide
teachers with resources that lead to improved student achievement.
5. Communicates, collects data, and provides summary reports to the Coordinator
of K-12 Mathematics.
6. Assists in assessing the effectiveness of assigned activities and in planning
7. Assists in the analysis of data from a variety of sources including, but not limited
to: Smarter Balanced Assessments Consortium (SBAC), Measures of Academic
Progress (MAP) Growth assessments, District assessments, and screener and
8. Provides support for all site-based and central office requests.
9. Remains current on research related to mathematics content knowledge and
pedagogy, the Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) for Mathematics,
and Standards for Mathematical Practice.
10. Performs other duties related to the position, as required/assigned.
1. Thorough knowledge of the K-8 Mathematics Common Core State Standards
(CCSS), NVACS for Mathematics, and Standards for Mathematical Practice.
2. Thorough knowledge of the Nevada Educator Performance Framework (NEPF).
3. Effective presentation and workshop facilitation skills.
4. Effective communication (oral and written), collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
5. Effective skills in planning, organizing, and coordinating activities.
6. Effective skills in preparing, organizing, and presenting professional learning
7. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to conform to project
needs (may include evenings, Saturdays, and summers).
Position Requirements Education and Training
1. Bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Five (5) or more years of successful contracted teaching experience at the
elementary school level and/or middle school level.
3. Knowledge of and successful experience working with diverse student
populations. Licenses and Certifications
Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a valid K-8
teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education (NDE) and have
attained Highly-Qualified Teacher Status. Preferred Qualifications
1. Coursework and experience in the area of mathematics beyond that required as
part of undergraduate work at the college/university level.
2. Experience teaching middle school mathematics.
3. Experience acting as a mathematics leader at the school, region, or District
4. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
5. Successful experience in leading professional development for teachers in the
area of mathematics.
6. Experience in the effective implementation of instructional technology in and
beyond the mathematics classroom.
7. Working knowledge of the Curriculum Engine and unwrapped standards.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement. AA/EOE Statement
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 02/28/20
- Created: 04/12/19
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020