||June 25, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Project Facilitator, School Improvement Position Details
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The individual selected for this grant-funded licensed position will serve as a Project
Facilitator for the School Improvement Department within the Assessment,
Accountability, Research, and School Improvement (AARSI) Division. Primary
responsibilities include supporting the processes of the annual Clark County School
District and school improvement planning including the development of resources,
materials, data analysis, and the provision of school-based and targeted assistance
based on identified needs. This person will assist in providing technical assistance,
ongoing monitoring and support, and professional development in the school
improvement process. This position will report to the Coordinator of School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Provides technical assistance, ongoing support, and professional development to
Region and School Associate Superintendents, schools, site-based
administrators and various departments in the District including, but not limited
a. The bi-annual school improvement process
b. The analysis and interpretation of data for school improvement such as
school performance data, perception data, demographic data, and school
c. Assistance with ensuring federal, state, and local compliance
requirements related to, but not limited to: School Performance Plan
(SPP) submissions and monitoring and the Nevada Comprehensive
Curriculum Audit Tools for Schools (NCCAT-S)
d. Monitoring of school performance plan implementation, documenting
progress, barriers, and next steps
e. Assists with the maintenance of grant budget(s) by processing and
2. Develops tools and provides resources for school improvement planning that
support the work of School Improvement Planning (SIP) Teams including root
cause analysis and the development of action steps, monitoring plans, and
3. Oversees the submission of Mid-Year and End-of-Year Monitoring reports for
Nevada Department of Education (NDE).
4. Assists in the planning, development, and facilitation of training modules for
school and region personnel directly relating to Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS)
385 and the SIP cycle and the NCCAT-S.
5. Supports and facilitates school site NCCAT-S Audit Team reflective
conversations and evidence collection.
6. Serves as a liaison with the various District divisions regarding technical
assistance for District initiatives, as they relate to SIP.
7. Compiles reports and maintains appropriate documentation of all project
8. Performs other duties related to the position, as assigned.
1. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with adult learners.
2. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule that conforms to project needs.
3. Demonstrated effective presentation and facilitation skills.
4. Demonstrated effective written and oral communication, collaboration, and
5. Demonstrated effective skills in planning, organizing, and coordinating activities.
6. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Drive.
7. Strong writing and editing skills.
Position Requirements Education and Training
1. An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Completed three (3) or more years of successful teaching experience.
3. Planned and facilitated professional development activities, coaching, modeling
and mentoring. Licenses and Certifications
Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, an
elementary or secondary teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of
Education and have attained Highly-Qualified Teacher Status. Preferred Qualifications
1. Experience with school improvement planning, implementation, monitoring and
2. Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, plan, organize and implement projects
3. Knowledge and skills with the use of Microsoft Excel, Infinite Campus, Adobe,
Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, and CCSD-s Datalab.
4. Knowledge of and experience in the Nevada Growth Model, Nevada School
Performance Framework (NSPF), and School Summary Reports.
5. Knowledge of NRS 385A.650 and statewide improvement process.
6. Knowledge of the New Nevada Plan, Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Legislation and all current District initiatives.
7. Knowledge of all current school funding grants and assembly or senate bill
legislation affecting the work of the school improvement process; data collection,
assisting in writing plans and the monitoring process to stay in compliance with
the grants and legislation.
8. Knowledge of a balanced assessment framework.
9. Experience in district wide staff development, structured teacher planning time,
accountability systems, school improvement, curriculum review, data-driven
decision-making, and data analysis.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement. AA/EOE Statement
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin. Job Revision Information
- Revised: 03/04/20
- Created: 03/28/19
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020