||June 29, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Daniel is an elementary school of approximately 540 students and 80 staff. Daniel opened in 1992 and has become more and more diverse each year. Located on East Hill Kent, Daniel Elementary serves approximately twenty apartment complexes. Staff take pride in serving our diverse population. Over 50% of the Daniel students are English Language Learners, including several refugee students, and over 70% of our students qualify for free/reduced lunch.
Daniel teachers participate in Professional Learning Communities to engage in discussions centered on instructional improvement in order to meet our goal of eliminating the achievement gap. Our staff work collaboratively to support students and are implementing the Positive Behavior Intervention Supports by adopting school-wide expectations for students and adults. Our students support one another through peer tutoring and cross-grade buddy programs. Parent Engagement efforts have increased parent involvement via the Watch D.O.G.S. program, parent nights and the newly formed Parent Teacher Student Association.
The Daniel Elementary Explorers are learning to soar are embracing changes in our school, community and the world. We are student centered ~ staff strong ~ family engaged.
ASSIGNMENT: This position will be responsible for teaching physical education to elementary students.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This continuing position is part of the KEA bargaining unit.
- Appropriate Washington State certification with an elementary or physical education endorsement (preferred) required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
- Major in physical education
- ELL endorsement
- Experience working with elementary school students
- Must maintain positive learning environment and have ability to relate to all students, parents, and colleagues
- Must be a team player with excellent management and communication skills
- Must be willing to share professional skills with other staff members
- Must have experience with or willingness to participate in integrated programs and/or team teaching
- Knowledge and/or training in balanced literacy, whole language/integrated curriculum, differentiated instruction, assessment tools and techniques, EALRs, constructivist mathematics, inquiry based science and social studies, cooperative learning, student learning styles, positive discipline and multicultural education
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020