||June 29, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Battle Creek Public Schools
-   Position: Secondary English Teacher
Location: Battle Creek Central High School
Reports to: Building Principal
- Michigan Department of Education Teaching Certificate with endorsement in English (BA or BX 6-12)
- Documented proof of ability to meet requirements for teaching in a secondary English classroom as defined by the ESSA Act is required.
Salary: BCEA Negotiated Salary Schedule
Job Goals: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the location and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students enabling each child the opportunity to reach his/her maximum level of achievement.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and provides a learning climate for the students.
- To assume the responsibility for the safety, conduct and health of the students under his/her supervision. To see that the physical upkeep of the classroom and equipment is maintained.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and ---- in harmony with the goals ---- establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- To maintain communications with parents concerning their child’s progress and the school’s programs.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct record as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations and make those reports as required by the school district.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing students life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for educational related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- To prepare adequate plans and materials for a substitute.
- Facilitating small group instruction to meet student needs
- Progress monitor daily, monthly, and quarterly
- Goal setting with students
- Utilizing strong classroom management and organizational skills
- Other duties as assigned by principal
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $73.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020