|Date Posted||July 14, 2020|
|Industry||K-12: Independent/Private, Other Teaching Jobs|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||Commensurate With Experience|
Private Online Teacher - 4th & 5th Grades
Private online teacher needed for a family living in Dallas, TX with two children in the 4th and 5th grades.
This is a contract for the 2020 – 2021 school year.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in primary education, genuinely enjoy working with children, and creating an environment that will help children develop into conscientious, disciplined, responsible, and capable individuals with passions of their own.
The targeted start date is August 15th 2020.
- 4 - 5 daily hours of online instruction and learning time.
- Additional hours for curriculum development and preparation.
- Advance children's foundation in reading, writing, and math as well as addendums in social science, art, history, and science.
- Texas EC – 6 Certification or your state’s equivalent (exceptions for experienced private educators)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a K-6 classroom
- Excellent, verifiable references
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strongly prefer local candidates, but given the online nature of this role it is not required
About the Abshire Family
The Abshire’s have a non-traditional work schedule. Both parents work in entrepreneurial roles where a typical workday is not 9 - 6pm. Travel and life experiences are important aspects of their life. One of their family goals is to show their children different cultures and gain life skills through experience.
The 4th grade student is a patient rule follower who likes to make her teacher happy.
The 5th grader is more active and appreciates finishing his work for the day so that he can get outside to play.
Both students had success with e-learning in 2020. They will need an average amount of individual instruction. Both are great self-starters but will need accountability to finish their daily assignments. Both students are strong readers with average math skills. They are both coming from private school.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com