|Date Posted||July 16, 2020|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|STEM Focus||Math, Science|
|Certification Needed||Yes, K-6|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$45,000 to $50,000|
WHO WE ARE:
Teachers On Demand, INC is an educational staffing and recruiting firm that partners with K-12 schools around the United States. We are committed to assisting schools in the recruitment of high-quality educators on a permanent or substitute basis. One of our charter schools located in Tampa, Florida has an opening for the following position:
3rd Grade Teacher
All applicants must be professionally certified educators in the subject and grade level for the position. Please read below for position details and responsibilities.
We employ professionals who will work beyond the job description to meet the goal of developing self-disciplined students who achieve high academic standards in a safe, caring learning environment. The teacher is responsible for the education of each pupil in his or her charge and for working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the mission statement.
We employ a "departmentalize" framework, which allows teachers to work as experts in the fields of language arts and social studies as well as mathematics and science.
Our mission is to develop self-disciplined students who achieve high academic standards. We’re working towards closing the achievement gap in Florida and ensuring that every student has a choice about their future. Our educators are passionate professionals with a desire to gain rigorous development to help perfect their craft and be a Teacher of the Year in their classroom every day. If you have an unyielding belief that all children will succeed and are willing to work beyond a job description to ensure that they do, then we look forward to hearing from you.
REQUIREMENTS: ELEMENTARY TEACHERS:
1. B.A. or B.S. required; Must be eligible and apply for Certification in Florida;
2. Must have at least 2 years of elementary classroom teaching experience;
3. Demonstrated experience working with challenging groups in a student-centered environment with varied approaches to meeting student needs;
4. Demonstrated initiative and skills in the following areas: relationship and community building, classroom management, communication, conflict resolution, creativity, problem-solving, decision making and time management.
REQUIREMENTS: MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHERS:
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Current Florida "Professional" for relevant Core Subject Area being taught.
3. Must have demonstrated experience working in an urban setting with challenging groups in a student-centered environment using varied approaches to meeting student needs
4. Must have demonstrated initiative and skills in the following areas: High levels of personal organization, planning and time management; Fast learner; Strong written and verbal communication; and Exemplary instructional and classroom management skills
REQUIREMENTS: ALL TEACHERS:
1.Dedicated to our mission and educational model
2. Demonstrated knowledge of middle school content area
3. Tireless work ethic and commitment to setting and holding high expectations for themselves
4. Unwavering focus on student achievement and high academic and behavioral standards for all students
5. Proven track record achievement and data-driven approach to measuring student progress and receptive to feedback to improve instructional practice
6. Willingness to work in an ever-changing field and face challenges with a positive attitude and sense of urgency in getting it done
7. Personal alignment with our values and ethical standards (i.e. team-oriented, humility, maturity, flexibility, ‘whatever-it-takes’ attitude) and a commitment to working fairly with diverse student and staff population
8. Proficient in the use of technology
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Send your resume to this employer.