||April 29, 2021
||K-12: Public Schools
Project Facilitator, K-12 Digital Learning Coach Position Details
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
The individual selected for this licensed position will coordinate and provide specialized
instructional support for teachers in the integration of technology into instruction. These
supports include; but are not limited to, assisting teachers in using technology tools and
resources to support instruction based on the Nevada Academic Content Standards
(NVACS) and appropriate course syllabi; working collaboratively with classroom
teachers, instructional specialists, and instructional coaches to implement blended
learning opportunities for students; modeling best practices for using instructional
technology to support student learning; and implementing the Clark County School
District-identified coaching model. The person selected for this position will be required
to attend regularly scheduled professional learning opportunities sponsored by divisions
and departments responsible for professional development. The Individuals who are
selected will be placed according to school allocations and District needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
I. Coach teachers to strengthen their instruction in order to improve outcomes for all
1. In alignment with the Nevada Educators Performance Framework (NEPF), work
collaboratively with teachers on lesson planning, instruction, reflection, and
identifying and implementing research-based instructional and assessment
practices implementing appropriate instructional technology. Activities and work
with teachers might include the following:
- Assisting classroom teachers with effectively integrating technology into
curricular areas, based on NVACS and appropriate syllabi;
- Working collaboratively with classroom teachers and instructional
specialists in developing long-range and daily lesson plans using the
- Modeling best practices;
- Utilizing District supported programs and platforms;
- Providing side-by-side coaching;
- Assisting teachers with implementing practices that support the learning
of a culturally diverse student population;
- Assisting classroom teachers with the implementation of online and
blended learning (OBL) practices and tools into classroom instruction.
2. Provide coaching services to teachers by conducting demonstration lessons,
observing students and teachers in educational settings, and conferencing with
teachers to implement strategies that address the needs of diverse learners,
including students with special needs and English Language Learners (ELL).
II. Support and participate in professional learning activities. Specifically:
1. Plan, prepare, facilitate, and evaluate instructional technology professional
learning activities to:
- Support school-based personnel with the implementation of the NVACS
and course objectives;
- Address needs of teachers and School Performance Plan goals;
- Support teachers in appropriately integrating technology into all aspects
of daily classroom instruction;
- Support blended learning.
2. Participate in ongoing professional learning activities related to instructional
coaching and the integration of technology. When appropriate, attend and
present professional learning opportunities at local, state, and national-led
3. Collaborate with other instructional coaches, schools, regions, District divisions
and departments, and the Southern Nevada Regional Professional Development
4. Provide leadership to a diverse school staff in the implementation of effective,
research-based instructional technology practices.
III. Support and participate in a professional environment. Specifically:
1. Develop a working climate that promotes a trusting, professional relationship in
which digital learning coaches and teachers are open to self-reflection and
collaboration to improve their instructional practices;
2. Communicate with building-level administrators regarding assignments and
3. Provide expertise and research to assist schools in developing standard
operating procedures infused with instructional technology;
4. Maintain confidentiality while building and maintaining a high-level of trust with
5. Perform other instructionally related duties, as required/assigned.
1. Thorough knowledge of the National Educational Technology Standards -
Students and the Nevada Computer and Technology Standards.
2. Working knowledge of adult learning theory and principles.
3. Working knowledge of the six models of blending learning (face-to-face, rotation,
flex, online lab, self-blend, and online driver).
4. Ability to lead with cultural awareness.
5. Effective presentation and workshop facilitation skills.
6. Effective collaboration, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
7. Effective skills in planning, organization, and providing professional development
support for teachers.
8. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to conform to project
Position Requirements Education and Training
1. An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited col ege or university.
2. Five (5) or more years of contracted teaching experience (may include service as
an Educational Computing Strategist (ECS)) with exceptional yearly evaluations.
3. Experience integrating instructional technology into curriculum activities.
4. Experience in providing successful professional learning opportunities related to
the integration of instructional technology.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, an
elementary or secondary teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of
Education and have attained Highly Qualified Teacher Status. Preferred Qualifications
1. Hold a master-s degree from an accredited college or university related to
2. Experience as an effective Learning Strategist.
3. Experience working on collaborative projects or task forces.
4. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
5. Extensive knowledge of the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) and
6. Knowledge and successful experience working with diverse student populations.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement. AA/EOE Statement
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin. Job Revision Information
- Revised: 10/14/20
- Created: 10/14/20
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021