DIRECT is privileged to be partnering with a top tier private school located in central Riyadh, Saudi. This is a very well-established American curriculum school, Cognia accredited, with an outstanding reputation in the local community. As it embarks upon its new Strategic Plan 'UNITE 2025', it seeks high performing staff to implement its goals.
The school requires an Instructional Coach for January '21. Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com
The Instructional Coach is a key member of the leadership team of the school and works in partnership with the Principal & Vice Principals to implement the vision and strategies for school improvement. He/she has the overall responsibility for the teaching & learning program for a group of students and a team of teachers. He/she is outstanding classroom teachers who lead a team of teachers to prepare innovative & creative lessons to engage children in learning. The Instructional Coach will teach children for approximately 8 hours a week, lead professional learning teams to improve teaching & learning and ensure teachers have a sound understanding of subject content and use evidence to assess student work. (A full Job Description is available to interested candidates).
All candidates are screened, checked and vetted according to Safer Recruitment compliance requirements.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of initiatives in student learning including curriculum standards, models of learning and teaching and assessment & reporting, and the capacity to provide leadership in aligning these areas.
- Demonstrated outstanding classroom teaching skills and the capacity to support colleagues to continually improve teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated high level ability to know how student learn, plan and assess for effective learning and how to teach students effectively.
- Demonstrated high level ability to monitor and assess student learning data at the individual, cohort and whole school level and to use this data to inform teaching for improved learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of cultural sensitivities in the Saudi Arabian context and their impact on teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with student, parents and teachers and other staff & contribute to the effective leadership & management of the school.
- Demonstrated high level commitment to student learning and the capacity to make a positive contribution to the transformational journey of the school, manage major student activities & commit to ongoing professional learning for self & others to enable further development of skills, expertise and teaching capacity.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with students who are bilingual, with English as their second language.
- Fully qualified Teacher
- Previous experience in similar position.
- American curriculum experience (firm requirement)
- American qualifications preferred
- Prior international experience preferred, particularly in the Middle East
- Evidence of value adding to an organisation, extensive professional development and training, familiarity with school improvement, change and being agile
- At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Salary: approximately 20,000 SAR per month, tax-free
- Fully furnished apartment (1, 2 or 3 bedroom) with swimming pool and gym, within walking distance to mall
- Utilities paid by school
- Transport to and from school and daily after-school supermarket run
- Return annual flight for teacher, spouse and 2 children
- Medical Insurance (Class A) for teacher, spouse and 4 children
- Visa and Residency Permit costs paid by school
- Professional Development program and available scholarships from third year of service
- Additional payment for after-school clubs
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020