||November 15, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARA PROFESSIONAL
This is a full-time position that requires 35 hours per week
Hourly Rate = $13.20-$17.20 (DOE)
Responsible for assisting with the instructional and physical needs of special needs students in a variety of functions and settings.
1. Collaborates and consults with the special education teachers and specialists in instructional activities in accordance with IEP goals.
2. Assists with instruction in self contained classrooms, one on one and small groups.
3. Maintains and monitors the daily activities of students in all classes, provides a variety of assistance when needed.
4. May assist with the preparation of instructional and resource materials.
5. May supervises special needs students in non-classroom settings.
6. Maintains some student records pertaining to behavior and progress, including confidential reports and information and reports for staffings.
7. Assists with scheduling of staffing and other meetings.
8. Interacts and communicates appropriately with parents and other staff.
9. Provides clerical support in a variety of functions.
10. May perform toileting and other special duties.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
High school graduate or equivalent
One year preferred
General office equipment
Knowledge of special needs students preferred
Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
Maintains a generally positive attitude
Observes all district policies and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSFrequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, and reaching
Occasional stooping, squatting, and kneeling
Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020