||January 10, 2021
||K-12: Public Schools
Maricopa UnifiedSchool District #20
44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
520.568.5100 - main number
520.568.5151 - fax number
POSITION DESCRIPTION: High School Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt 12-Month Administative Compensation Plan Level C Base Salary - $70,000
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Building Principal, the Assistant Principal assists in the administration of the school according to the policies of the Board of Education. Under the supervision of the High School Principal the Athletic Director assists in the administration of the High School athletics and extracurricular programs according to the policies of the Governing Board
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides educational leadership to students, faculty and staff.
- Observes and evaluates the instructional performance of teachers.
- Coordinates student scheduling.
- Monitors attendance and discipline of students.
- Provides supervision and leadership in the instructional program and the support services area.
- Assists in the review, approval and recommendation of school course offerings and instructional matters.
- Interviews prospective teachers and support staff for employment.
- Develops departmental budget for review and assists in developing the school budget.
- Coordinates management information systems.
- Representative of the school to community agencies and/or organizations.
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides athletic leadership to students, faculty and staff.
- Observes and evaluates the instructional performance of coaches.
- Helps coordinate athletics, events and facilities scheduling.
- Oversees the High School’ athletic programming in all areas
- Coordinates all athletic events including venue preparation and contracting officials
- Monitors academic eligibility for all student athletes
- Secures appropriate coaching staff
- Secures necessary athletic equipment
- Acts as liaison with all booster organizations
- Establishes rapport and working relationships with local non-school athletic programs
- Helps monitor attendance and discipline of student athletes.
- Interviews prospective coaches and support staff for employment.
- Develops athletic departmental budget.
- Helps with the coordinating of student management information systems.
- Representative of the school to local governments, community agencies and/or organizations.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Skilled in providing leadership to coaches and support staff
- Skilled in establishing cohesive athletic strategic plan
- Skilled at involving students, coaches and parents in collaborative decision making
- Skilled in providing strong instructional leadership.
- Skilled in working with a diverse student populations, staff and parents.
- Skilled in providing leadership to teachers and support staff
- Skilled in implementing English Language Learner (ELL) programs.
- Skilled in computer technology in the performance of duties.
- Skilled at involving students, teachers and parents in collaborative decision making.
- Skilled in developing and implementing an effective school-wide discipline plan.
- Knowledge of Arizona Interscholastic Association guidelines and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of effective coaching strategies and best practices related to athletic development
- Knowledge of best practices and standards in physical education and sports management
- Knowledge of current educational innovations, techniques and strategies for diverse students.
- Knowledge of cross categorical special education programs and their unique functions.
- Knowledge of effective plan and implementation of new initiatives and programs.
- Knowledge of standards, benchmarks and assessments.
- Knowledge of district rules of conduct.
- Professional communication skills effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; and maintain emotional control under stress.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or related field. Arizona Department of Education Certification as Administrator must be received prior to the start of employment.
Highly Preferred - Two (2) years experience in a management and/or leadership position within the field of education, and three (3) years of successful athletic directorship in a middle school/high school setting.
All positions require experience working cross-culturally and/or commitment to work toward improving one's own cultural competence i.e., valuing difference/diversity, recognizing personal limitations in one's skills and expertise, and having the desire to learn in these areas.
Arizona Department of Education Certification as Administrator must be received prior to the start of employment. Valid Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TheMaricopaUnifiedSchool District20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. TheMaricopaUnifiedSchool District20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Applications and documentation requirements can be printed from our website at www.musd20.org
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021