||February 22, 2021
||Other Teaching Jobs
||$65,000 to $75,000
The mission of the Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) is to serve its membership through the advancement of, and the student's participation in, interscholastic activities, which are an integral component and a complement to the educational goals of its member schools.
The CHSAA strives to create a positive and equitable environment in which all qualified student participants are challenged and inspired to meet their highest potential. The CHSAA is a voluntary association of 363 member schools. Colorado's participation rate is one of the highest in the country for students, and music is the largest sanctioned activity by CHSAA.
This position will provide complete administrative oversight for Music, Student Leadership, Speech, and any new co-curricular activities that are added per the Legislative Council, i.e., One-act Plays, Robotics, Knowledge Bowl, FFA, etc. The Assistant Commissioner will promote and raise the statewide visibility/participation of such activities with students, sponsors, directors, and the school communities, as well as introduce statewide initiatives to improve school culture, education, sportsmanship, participation, and inclusion through CHSAA sanctioned student activities.
- Engage student council groups across the state with various leadership opportunities.
- Plan, organize, and execute student and advisor conferences and professional development workshops throughout the state.
- Oversee, plan, and administrate solo and ensemble and large group festivals.
- Assist festival managers with entries, scheduling, and troubleshooting technology.
- Organize adjudicator assignments, training, and travel arrangements for judges across the state.
- Work closely with state entities such as CMEA, All-State organizations, and Colorado Bandmasters Association.
- Be a resource for schools regarding student eligibility and increasing statewide participation in music.
SPEECH & DEBATE:
- Plan, organize, lead, and oversee speech and debate state championships.
- Lead and engage the speech and debate coaches, supporting their goals and mission, and encouraging participation across the state.
- Investigate new co-curricular activities that could be added to the CHSAA.
- Implement and enforce the CHSAA Bylaws and CHSAA’s policies and procedures to ensure statewide compliance.
- Provide a strategic and visionary leadership component that will enhance the Association’s role in serving interscholastic activities in the state of Colorado.
- Implement and administer written policies and duties as assigned at the directive of the Board of Directors, the Commissioner and Associate Commissioner.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to effectively establish relationships and exhibit positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity, geography, classifications, and levels of leadership.
- Develop short- and long-term plans for responsible and sustainable management of operations, improvements, and developments in collaboration with the CHSAA staff, membership, coaches and invested parties.
- Demonstrated leadership in activities with 5+ years of experience in student activities.
- Knowledge and experience in administration of interscholastic activities. Committee and post-season administrative support with CHSAA events/staff are a plus.
- Experience with Association Operations (committees, site-host, festival host, tournament director, think-tanks, events, etc.).
- Experience planning large scale events.
- Experience managing a budget.
- General office computer skills and social media experience.
- Trustworthy thought-leader who is a team-centered professional with a high level of integrity, character and leads with their administrative “WHY” within the Association’s mission.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. A demonstrated ability to conduct and present at the state and/or national level.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and multi-task. Must possess strong time-management skills and be able to pivot and be flexible as needed.
This is a full-time salaried position with 40+ hours per week. Attendance at events is part of the job and can include weekends, nights, and travel as necessary depending on the location of events. Salary range is $65,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience. Health, dental, and vision insurance included, as well as PERA benefits. Company vehicle provided.
The Colorado High School Activities Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references with phone numbers (no reference letters) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. The application deadline is March 1. Candidate will be announced in early May. Position start date is July 1, 2021.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021