Ingenuity Prep prepares PreK and elementary students in Ward 8 to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. Our innovative instructional model promotes small group learning for students, collaborative teaching teams, and robust coaching and professional development opportunities for teachers. Our teacher career ladder rewards strong performance over time, giving teachers the opportunity to earn higher levels of base compensation and bonuses as they demonstrate effectiveness with their students and colleagues. Our instructional leaders are charged with supporting teachers by providing clear expectations, ongoing feedback, and targeted development.
In 2019, we opened our first Middle School program, which focuses on rigorous academics and using education as a means for emancipation. We are looking for an experienced teacher who is deeply committed to students, has a passion for science and civic leadership, and wants to work closely with their colleagues to continue to build the final grade of our new program for Ingenuity Prep’s students and families during the 2021-22 school year.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Mission: We’re closing the opportunity gap. Students and families in Southeast D.C. have too few options for high-quality elementary, middle, and high schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to right this systemic injustice providing an exemplary educational option for Southeast D.C.’s students and families.
- Model: We pair high expectations with high support. Too often, our students are underestimated. At Ingenuity Prep, an innovative teacher development model, paired with best-in-class training from strong instructional leaders, allows us to grow great teachers who, ultimately, lead high-expectation and high-support classrooms.
- Results: Our students are defying expectations. Ingenuity Prep’s students outperform their neighborhood peers on rigorous, national, college-track assessments. Already out-performing many of their more privileged peers around the city, in the coming years, Ingenuity Prep’s students will provide an expectation-defying and achievement-gap-closing proof point — showing what our kids are capable of when we provide the right opportunities, expectations, and support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Founding Middle School Teacher at Ingenuity Prep, you will:
- Build meaningful relationships with your 5th-8th grade students.
- Lead science instruction for students, from planning to executing engaging and rigorous lessons to prepare them for an end-of-year exam.
- Create a joyful, efficient, learning-focused classroom experience for students that leads to exemplary student growth -- both in academic achievement and in leadership skills
- Collaborate with and support colleagues in the classroom as you build and refine a new middle school program and through weekly professional development opportunities.
- Provide emotional constancy and support for your students -- and your colleagues.
- Communicate and work closely with students’ families.
- Utilize Teach Like a Champion teaching techniques to ensure that routines and transitions are quick and effective.
- Receive regular, individualized coaching from IP’s instructional leadership team to grow your practice.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep may be the right fit for you if:
- You have at least two years of experience as a lead middle school teacher or a degree in a science field and a history of raising student achievement in a low-income school.
- You have a passion for science and social justice.
- You want to work closely with your peers in a collaborative teaching setting.
- You want to work in a feedback-rich culture, and are eager to grow your practice through individual coaching and professional development opportunities.
- You have a history of effectively using academic data to drive whole-group and small-group instruction.
- You believe effective instruction is full of joy and rigor.
- You have consistently built strong relationships with students and partnered with families as part of your plan for student success.
- You have a track record of holding high expectations for yourself and your students.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, and ideally certification to teach in D.C.
MORE ABOUT US
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- An innovative compensation structure (salary and bonus) for instructional positions based on demonstrated effectiveness and retention.
- Highly competitive compensation for non-instructional positions.
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums and 50% of spouse’s or domestic partner’s premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave, up to 6 weeks, at 100% of pay (60% from IP and remaining pay from DC Paid Family Leave ) for all staff — regardless of gender.
- A 100% match -- up to 3% -- on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021