||April 07, 2021
||K-12: Public Schools
The Kent School District is accepting applications from current in-district KEA members who currently hold a provisional or continuing contract for the following position:
Elementary General Music Teacher - 1.0 FTE position River Ridge Elementary
LOCATION: River Ridge Elementary
ASSIGNMENT: This assignment will be responsible for teaching general music to elementary students. Candidate will direct school and district/service area performances and festivals, and teach the district curriculum. Knowledge, proficiency and integration of instructional technology is critical to all instructional models and programs. All teaching staff are expected to be contributing members of the school and grade level team's Professional Learning Communities and participate in related professional development.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is part of the KEA bargaining unit.
- Appropriate Washington State certification with a general music endorsement required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
- Major or minor in music education
- Master's degree in music
- ELL endorsement
- Experience working with elementary school students
- Excellent technology skills and can use and incorporate computers/technology into curriculum
- Candidate must have the ability to maintain and continue a tradition of music excellence
- Candidate must have a proven commitment to an exemplary general music program, enthusiasm and skills necessary to maintain and continue to improve a high level music program
- Ability and willingness to recruit and encourage participation from students from diverse backgrounds and levels
- Must maintain positive learning environment and have ability to relate to all students, parents, and colleagues
- Must be a team player with excellent management and communication skills
- Must be willing to share professional skills with other staff members
- Must have experience with or willingness to participate in integrated programs and/or team teaching
- Knowledge and/or training in balanced literacy, whole language/integrated curriculum, differentiated instruction, assessment tools and techniques, EALRs, constructivist mathematics, inquiry based science and social studies, cooperative learning, student learning styles, positive discipline and multicultural education
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community.
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021