|Date Posted||April 22, 2021|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$40,000 to $60,000|
Position Title: Special Education Teacher
School Name: Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Mission: DeKalb Preparatory Academy is the diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Special Education Teacher Requirements:
Identifies educational needs and provides instruction to students with specific learning disabilities, mild intellectual disabilities, autism, other health impaired, traumatic brain injury, and emotional and behavioral disorders.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Instruct students based on Individualized Education Plans (IEPs); assesses and monitors student progress.
• Develops lesson plans; identifies instructional materials; assesses equipment needs to augment instruction; maintains student data; utilizes a variety of instructional strategies to improve student achievement in a general curriculum; and promotes positive student behavior.
• Schedules and prepares relevant paperwork; and conducts IEP meetings.
• Consults and collaborates with parents, teachers, administrators, and other professionals regarding students’ educational programming.
• Participates in departmental meetings and professional learning activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Submit Resumes: email@example.com
Send your resume to this employer.