|Date Posted||November 21, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Project Facilitator, Online Course
Designer, Math 6-12
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The individual selected for this online course designer will be responsible for
developing online and blended content for middle school and high school mathematics
classrooms. These online courses will be available districtwide and must be high
quality, standards-based content. In addition, the project facilitator will plan, develop,
and provide professional learning in the areas of delivering curriculum in online and
blended learning environments, mathematics curricula, instruction, and program
support. The project facilitator will collaborate with Region personnel, members of the
Southern Nevada Regional Professional Development (RPDP) Program, and Clark
County School District divisions and departments including, but not limited to the
Assessment, Accountability, Research, and School Improvement Division (AARSI);
Human Resources Division (HRD); English Language Learner Department (ELLD);
and Student Services Division (SSD) to promote consistency in professional learning
activities in addressing District goals, initiatives, and objectives. The individual
selected for this position will be expected to adhere to the District-s Professional
Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and will be directly responsible to
Director II, K-12 Mathematics Department, Curriculum and Instruction Division (CID),
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Develop plans for and coordinates the creation of District-level online middle and
high school course material.
2. Utilize the National Standards for Quality (NSQ) online courses to create and
evaluate course design.
3. Align and chart Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) and District
mathematics objectives into a schematic for course development.
4. Establish curriculum maps and other teacher resources for online courses in
5. Identify and employ educational applications (apps) within online course design.
6. Create a constructive and discovery style of design and instruction for online
7. Reduce student cognitive load of course navigation by employing and adhering
to a strict online design model.
8. Provide support to District teachers deploying digital content and tools in online
and blended classrooms.
9. Document and provide instructional resources to support teachers in online and
blended learning classrooms.
10. Plan, prepare, and facilitate mathematics professional learning activities to
support classroom teachers with the implementation of new and/or revised
mathematics curricula focusing on student achievement.
11. Collaborate effectively and professionally with a variety of divisions, departments,
and institutions to provide teachers with resources that lead to improved student
12. Remain current on research related to mathematics content knowledge and
pedagogy, the NVACS for Mathematics, and Standards for Mathematical
13. Research best practices in the field of online and blended teaching practice and
14. Perform other duties related to the position, as required/assigned.
1. A high level understanding of the resources and tools located in the Curriculum
Engine and the ability to use them for the development of daily and long-range
2. A thorough knowledge of the Grades 6-12 NVACS for Mathematics, including
the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
3. A thorough knowledge of the Nevada Educator Performance Framework (NEPF).
4. Demonstrate effective skills in preparing, organizing, and presenting professional
5. Demonstrate leadership abilities in planning, organizing, implementing, and
coordinating effective curricular programs.
6. Demonstrate effective communication (verbal and written), collaborative, and
7. Ability to communicate technical information effectively to non-technical
8. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
9. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and work independently.
10. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to support project
Education and Training
1. Bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Five (5) or more years of successful contracted mathematics classroom teaching
experience with a demonstrated ability to integrate technology in classroom
Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a
secondary mathematics 7-12 teaching license issued by the Nevada Department
of Education (NDE) and have attained Highly-Qualified Teacher Status.
2. A valid driver-s license or state-issued identification card.
1. Completion of BlendED Professional Learning Education Courses PDE 3781:
Digital Teaching & Learning 101 PDE 3794: Canvas Foundations - Breaking
Ground with the Basics.
2. Experience as an instructor in an online and/or blended learning environment.
3. Experience with District online learning applications such as Canvas Learning
Management System (LMS), Google Classroom, etc.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and
5. Knowledge and experience in instructional design.
6. Experience in World Wide Web (WWW) authoring tools.
7. Coursework and experience in the area of mathematics beyond that required as
part of undergraduate work at the college/university level.
8. Mathematics major or mathematics with calculus endorsement issued by the
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the
minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The
Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military
status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County School
District we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive innovative
solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that through a
culture of inclusivity we have the power to reflect the community we serve.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 03/16/23
- Created: 03/29/16
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023