||May 17, 2021
||K-12: Charter Schools
||Yes, Multiple Subject Credentialed with BCLAD Authorization
||Placement in the certificated salary schedule
Bilingual Elementary Classroom Teacher
Orange County Educational Arts Academy (“OCEAA”) is a TK-8 independent charter school specializing in dual language immersion programming which serves over 600 students. Our mission at OCEAA is simple: to nurture all learners to become creative, critical thinkers by providing high quality standards-based instruction through the arts, technology, language and culture.
We have a diverse population; approximately 70% of our students are low income, 50% are English Learners and 7% are Students with Disabilities. Grounded in our Habits of Character? integrity, compassion, courage, collaboration, and perseverance, OCEAA partners with EL Education as a national network school to create classrooms where students achieve content mastery in two languages and become active contributors in building a better world.
Applicants must be able to conduct lessons entirely in academic Spanish to students who are becoming bi-literate in Spanish and English.
OCEAA is looking for a talented bilingual elementary teacher to join our team that is committed to:
- Taking full responsibility for the achievement and engagement of every student every day
- Collaborating deeply with parents and colleagues to raise student achievement in mastery knowledge and skills, character education, and high quality work
- Being an equity-focused leader in bringing about significant and lasting change in the classroom and school
- Fully engaging in professional development activities and coaching cycles to learn how to effectively implement the Core Practices of EL Education and Guiding Principles of Dual Language Education
Schedule: Full time position / professional hours
Reports to: School Director
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Within the overarching goal of developing language fluency in Spanish and English, teachers will:
- Work as a growth-oriented and collaborative team member who values trust, commitment, accountability and student results
- Plan and deliver high quality instruction aligned with a variety of standards, including Common Core, NGSS, ISTE and National Core Arts Standards
- Use strong, student-centered instructional methodologies and curriculum resources to build student knowledge and skills in an empowering, culturally affirming, and effective manner
- Teach and integrate Habits of Character throughout daily instruction
- Develop close relationships with students and their families as a “crew” advisor
- Continually reflect on practice and participate in on-going professional development and training to improve student learning, as well as integrate feedback to guide personal and professional growth
- Use a variety of data to plan instruction, communicate results with parents and other team members, and plan for further instruction
- Integrate technology and the arts into your teaching and professional activities
- Modify program delivery based on school learning models (onsite, blended model or distance learning).
- Additional duties, as assigned by Supervisor
- CA Multiple Subjects Credential with BCLAD
- First Aid & CPR certification
- TB clearance
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with school staff, parents, students and administrators.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high intensity work environment.
- Ability to handle upset children and adults in a respectful and professional manner.
- Flexibility to attend required/mandatory meetings on campus.
SALARY: Placement on certificated salary schedule.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021