||May 24, 2021
The Arc of Union County, Inc. is a non-profit, 501c(3) organization headquartered in Springfield, NJ, dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc serves more than 1,000 adults and children each month from the 21 towns in Union County, as well as the greater Northern and Central NJ counties. The Arc of Union County is seeking a Preschool Early Education Teacher to support the agency Early Intervention Program.
Job Title: Lead Teacher
The Preschool Early Education teacher is responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of all children in their care. To develop partnerships with parents/child’s caregivers to engage and encourage parent participation in program. The Lead Teacher is also responsible for assuring compliance with codes of all State and local governing contracting agencies and adheres to all Arc of Union policies and procedures.
- Create a classroom friendly environment including a minimum of five(5) centers, such as dramatic play, reading, math/science, gross/fine motor, art center, manipulatives, etc.
- Develops, weekly plans, and implements age-appropriate curriculum/lesson plans to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development.
- Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth.
- Perform on-going developmental evaluations of children as required by DOE and funding sources and develop lesson plans and follow curriculum implementation that addresses the individual needs of each child.
- On an on-going basis, plan, evaluate and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
- Provide responsive care to all children by adapting daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
- Prepare developmental progress reports as needed.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child’s background by incorporating the cultural family values and beliefs into the program and lesson plans.
- Completes child transition and orientation of the classroom with parents, including an Open House,
- Maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/caregivers.
- Provide a classroom environment that encourages parent participation.
- Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong relationships and experience clear communication with teaching staff.
- Plan periodical parent conferences to discuss children’s developmental progress, needs and interests.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely agency, such as, attendance, reporting unusual incident reports, up to date emergency forms, curriculum plans, individual child development profile and other records as needed.
- Completes and reports any symptoms of child abuse to director and/or child abuse hotline.
- Completes daily health checks regarding hygiene, safety and overall well being of the children.
- Reports all staffing and classroom concerns to director in a timely manner.
- Participate in ongoing in-service, training and educational development opportunities provided by The Arc.
- In accordance with our “team” philosophy, the teacher filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description.
- All staff must act in accordance with both the Agency’s and program’s mission statement.
The Arc of Union County will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship for The Arc of Union County.
The Arc of Union County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Personal Protective Equipment provided
Daily temperature screenings and health assessment questionnaire provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and daily cleaning procedures in place
Employee access to cleaning materials to include hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes/spray and other resources
Job Type: Full-Time.
Please email cover letter and resume to: Eileen Mastricova at Emastricove@arcunion.org
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021