|Date Posted||June 06, 2021|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
ASSISTANT PRESCHOOL TEACHER
$13.50 - $17.50 per hour
We offer an attractive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life insurance and paid time off as well as a retirement plan through PERA.
The Early Childhood Assistant Teacher is responsible for working with the classroom teacher to provide a rich learning environment for all children while also maintaining positive partnerships with parents; as well as working as a professional member of the Early Childhood Team.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
1. Works with the teacher to create an enriching classroom environment within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
2. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to ensure children are safe and supervised at all times.
3. Provide proper supervision of children to ensure materials, equipment and the facility are not damaged or destroyed.
4. Works with the teacher to maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior and management.
5. Attends and participates in faculty meetings and program sponsored events.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
Maintains a generally positive attitude
Observes all district policies and procedures
Has read the employee handbook to familiarize themselves with pertinent policies
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
Mostly clean and comfortable
Some positions may require outside work or involve hazardous materials and specialized safety requirements
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, sitting, standing, squatting, reaching, running, crawling.
Some positions may require occasional lifting from 10 to 50 pounds and moving of equipment.