|Date Posted||September 21, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Counselor Specialist - English
Language Learner (ELL) Division
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months. An additional 30 days, plus an additional 49 minutes per
day, at contracted rate of pay may be available
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The individual selected for this position will work closely with the Directors of Guidance and
Counseling and Transcript Services to evaluate all foreign high school transcripts,
recommend course placement, provide technical assistance for high school counselors and
registrars, and assist with districtwide counseling training. The individual will act as a liaison
among Clark County School District administrators, high school counselors,
parents/guardians, and the community. This position will be expected to adhere to the
District-s Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and the position is
directly responsible to the ELL Division administration, Academic Unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Facilitate and coordinate professional learning for high school counselors and
2. Collaborate with the Guidance and Counseling Department.
3. Act as a liaison among CCSD administrators, high school counselors,
parents/guardians, and the community.
4. Conduct appropriate evaluation of foreign transcripts from all countries.
5. Verify with registrars that student transcripts are accurate.
6. Facilitate high school counselor training sessions.
7. Assist with the implementation of K-12 Career and College readiness plans.
8. Assist counselors through school-site visits.
9. Communicate with students, parents/guardians, school counselors, site
administrators, teachers, and registrars.
10. Make placement recommendations based on transcript evaluation.
11. Perform other duties as related to the position, as required/assigned.
1. Knowledge of language acquisition theory and language growth.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate grade-level, post-secondary information.
3. Possess knowledge of community resources and available CCSD instructional
and credit retrieval programs.
4. Demonstrates excellent organization and communication skills.
5. Exhibits willingness to establish a flexible employment schedule to include
working in July and some evenings/weekend activities.
6. Functions effectively with District and community personnel.
7. Utilizes computers and technology effectively in the performance of assigned
duties and responsibilities.
8. Demonstrates ability to interact positively with CCSD school personnel,
parents/guardians, and students.
9. Ability to provide presentations to staff, parents/guardians, and community
Education and Training
1. An earned master-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. A minimum of three (3) years- experience as a secondary school counselor.
Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a valid
counselor-s license issued by the Nevada Department of Education (NDE).
2. A valid driver-s license or state-issued identification card.
1. Holds a valid secondary teaching license issued by the NDE.
2. Previous experience as a high school counselor.
3. Possess a dynamic speaking ability and excellent presentation skills.
4. Bilingual and Bi-literate highly preferred.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the
minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The
Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military
status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County School
District we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive innovative
solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that through a
culture of inclusivity we have the power to reflect the community we serve.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 03/14/23
- Created: 06/28/21
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023