||July 20, 2021
||Commensurate With Experience
Looking for a dynamic, progressive, energetic, tech-savvy, nurturing private teacher for two exceptional elementary school aged children (rising 3rd and 6th grade) in Norwalk, CT. The teaching approach should be inquiry-based as well as integrated, and often play/game based. The teacher will be responsible for designing a personalized curriculum that caters to the students’ strengths and needs and is fun, engaging, rigorous, and hands-on.
- Create, internalize, modify, and prepare engaging and rigorous unit plans and lesson plans in accordance with academic curriculum that is standards-aligned
- Use data to drive instruction and responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
- Create a learning environment that is supportive, innovative, and personalized to the students
- Maintain high expectations of student work and progress
- Assist students and parents in application process
- Administer and evaluate diagnostic and progress monitoring testing
- Monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies to ensure students are meeting their learning objectives
- Communicate frequently with parents to keep them updated on student performance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Experience teaching elementary or middle school children
- Experience with inquiry based or project-based learning
- Demonstrated familiarity with the wealth of online resources available for homeschooling and with latest online educational tool
- Skilled in Google Suite
- Familiar with Common Core standards and building assessments
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed and issued or in process of being completed
- Experience as a private tutor or creating personalized learning programs
Instruction will occur, in person, Monday through Friday between 9am-1pm at the family’s home. We expect the instructional days to fall between September 7, 2021 - May 27, 2022 with the expectation that some planning work will occur in the month of August. Travel might be a possibility, but not a requirement, and the family would cover all associated costs.
We offer a competitive salary (range depending on experience, skills, etc.) for the position. If you are that unique, intelligent and proactive individual who loves teaching bright young kids in a progressive style, please reply ASAP with your full details. Position starts immediately.
Apply Online (select an option):
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you have listed on TeachingJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on TeachingJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021