|Date Posted||September 15, 2021|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Long Term Substitute Teacher
KIPP Excelencia Community Prep in Redwood City is looking for a Long-Term Sub for the 2021-2022 school year. A teaching credential, sub permit or passing CBEST score is required. Teaching experience in an urban school environment is highly preferred.
About KIPP Bay Area Schools
KIPP is a non-profit network of 270 college-preparatory, public charter schools around the country educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
There are currently 17 KIPP schools in the Bay Area educating 5,200 students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City.
KIPP substitute teachers:
• strong content background is preferred
• must hold a valid substitute credential, valid credential, or be eligible for a teaching permit (please see http://www.ctc.ca.gov/ to learn more)
• are committed to working with educationally under-served students (95% are students of color; 75% are eligible for the free and reduced-price meals program)
• believes all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
• possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
• teach in our extended day and year schedule (details vary by school; visit http://www.kippbayarea.org/ to learn more)
• contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
• communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
Email [email protected] with any questions.