||October 13, 2021
||K-12: Public Schools
POSITION: Middle or High School Teacher
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt - 187 or189 Day Contract
SALARY: Approved Certified Teacher Salary Schedule – Based on Education and Experience
REPORTS TO: School Principal
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Teaches age-appropriate subject matter based on State Standards to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of best practice teaching strategies
- Knowledge of best practices in classroom management
- Knowledge of data assessment and disaggregation
- Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques.
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of district rules of conduct and ethics
- Knowledge of relevant Governing Board Policies
- Skill in monitoring and correcting student behavior.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
- Professional communication skills effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; and maintain emotional control under stress.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
A valid Arizona Department of Education Certification/Endorsement consistent with assignment and a valid Arizona DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Maricopa Unified School District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. TheMaricopaUnifiedSchool District 20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021