||November 10, 2021
||Commensurate With Experience
Independence Mission Schools (IMS) is a non-profit network of 14 independent Catholic schools providing a transformative education to children of all faiths in low-income neighborhoods across the city of Philadelphia.
The vision of the IMS network is that all IMS Scholars will be
- morally formed by our Catholic example
- academically prepared by our high-quality instruction and ready to serve the world
Our school principals are vital levers in the realization of this vision for the nearly 5,000 PK through 8th grade students across the current IMS network.
The Principal will guide his or her school in the realization of this IMS vision within their school. Keeping the work emblematic of the school’s unique Catholic identity and legacy, the Principal will advance the moral formation, teaching and learning within their school to continually improve outcomes for our students. The Principal sets the tone for the entire school through direction within the school and through interactions at all levels with faculty, staff, students, parents, board and community partners. The ideal candidate will be committed to the development, achievement, and well-being of the school’s students and the pursuit of academic excellence by those students.
- Vision-Driven – Advance the Catholic identity of the school, being mindful of our welcome to children of all faiths, while ensuring a school culture of student achievement and high expectations grounded in moral development. Inspire teachers and staff to realize this vision throughout the school.
- Leadership & Management - Recruit and develop talented teachers and staff. Lead faculty development in their roles as Catholic instructional leaders driving student achievement. Direct the work of school staff to provide structure and support to school operations. Establish a school culture built on student achievement, empowerment, and collaboration and ensure a learning environment that is transformative, holistic, and safe. Use data to establish performance goals for student academic results and faculty development and outcomes. Work with IMS leadership team to ensure core values are effectively communicated and upheld within the school community.
- Instructional Expertise – Build the capacity of school staff to deliver exceptional, high-quality instruction in service to student learning. Promulgate the effective use of data to support student achievement. Evaluate and address the requirements and needs of the school’s student population and identify resources to provide access for all students.
- School Advancement - Serve as an ambassador and advocate of the school's mission, goals and achievements and oversee student recruitment, admissions, and advancement. Support school development and community relations, including public relations and fundraising activities for the school as needed.
Educational and Credential requirements
- An individual of strong Catholic faith who is possessed of a growth mindset, is mission-drive, and is committed to serving children of all faiths in an urban environment
- Current PA School Administrator's License (K-12) – preferable but not required
- A Master’s (or higher) degree in education or related fields (or commensurate experience), with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field as a teacher, instructional leader, principal, or other leader
- Experience in teaching and/or coaching teaching staff to use Common Core Standard’s aligned curriculum materials
- Ability to effectively build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with internal and external constituents including staff, teachers, parents, students, board members, and community stakeholders
- Demonstrated success leading a high-performing K-8 school or schools in an urban setting, using strategic educational initiatives that result in measurably improved student achievement and preferably experience in administration across multiple schools or in a network setting
- Demonstrated experience in design, implementation and management of a school’s academic program including knowledge of and experience with high-quality, standards-aligned curriculum, effective instructional practices, analyzing, interpreting, using data to drive results, and leadership development
- Strong leadership and staff development skills including an encouraging, motivating presence exhibited in conflict management, team building, and staff engagement
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals, exhibit flexibility and good judgment, and drive results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Capable of representing the organization and its goals effectively in both oral and written communications and across multiple venues
Applicants with a desire to work in an urban school setting are highly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Independence Mission Schools, please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/
To apply, please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/careers/
Successful candidates must be able to clear all background check and clearance requirements.
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!
APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an application through our hiring portal: https://independencemission.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx Candidates must submit all requested materials within the hiring portal in order to be selected for interviews.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021