||November 22, 2021
||K-12: Public Schools, K-12: Charter Schools
||$45,500.00 - $74,500.00
We are a seeking a Middle School Science teacher! Our staff is committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field ensuring a quality education for all. We offer intensive, specialized professional development days, bi-weekly observations, summer training, and campus-level leadership opportunities. We believe strongly in providing training and support to our staff to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence. Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required. The school day for staff runs from 7:15 a.m. to 3:30-4:00 p.m.
- Effectively instruct students in assigned content area(s) as prescribed by Green Dot's academic content standards through direct instruction, demonstrating, and using audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations with the overall goal of engaging student learning. Teachers are expected to teach an Advisory section to a group of students centered on College, Leadership, and Life.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team and within content areas planning and aligning curricula to ensure that instruction follows curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction.
- Develop and submit weekly and long range lesson plans containing standards, objectives, essential questions, assessments and lesson plans; assign lessons and review homework.
- Consistently use data to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue meaningful reports to inform parents of progress.
- Create and implement student intervention plans when necessary for student with special education program and general education students.
- Maintain the school's student management policies and procedures (i.e. attendance records, dress code, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary.
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom.
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve student issues.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Lead and participate in student activities such as: sponsoring student activities or student organizations, coaching a sports team, working with parents and the community as part of a committee or group, provide morning or after school supervision, and chaperoning student activities.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Special projects and duties outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid and appropriate teaching license* (TN License or Out-of State License – must have reciprocity)
- *If you do not hold a teaching license, you may qualify for a Practitioner license while you complete graduate coursework but you must enroll in an EPP program. Please review here: https://www.tn.gov/education/licensing/educator-preparation/educator-preparation-programs-providers.html
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong ethical base and self-awareness
- Relentless commitment to and high standards for high quality execution
- Passionate with a high level of personal responsibility towards ambitious goals
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve and grow
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve
- Commitment to building programs from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-energy environment
- Strong technology skills preferred, students will be both in-person and virtually participating in class instruction
This employer strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H1 VISA applicants.
Our teacher salary is based on years of certified experience and ranges from $45,500-$76,500. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students. Performance-based increases annually.
We ask that you complete an online application at http://careers.greendot.org/.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we are looking to fill current openings as soon as possible.
Green Dot Public Schools has embedded a diversity, equity and inclusion lens in our organizational culture, as well as in our educational and talent practices. We are committed to hiring those who reflect the diversity of our communities, and we recruit, employ, support, compensate and promote employees, without regard to their actual or perceived race, religious creed (including religious dress or grooming practices), color, national origin or ancestry (including native language spoken), physical or mental disability (including HIV or AIDS), medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), parental status, age (forty (40) and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, citizenship, immigration status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visa applicants.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2021