||January 15, 2022
||K-12: Charter Schools
About KIPP Public Schools Northern California
We are a thriving nonprofit network of 17 free, public charter schools open to all students. At KIPP, we believe all children should grow up free to create the future they want for themselves and that schools can and should be a critical partner in making their vision a reality. Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Our student community consists of over 6,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, Redwood City, and Stockton. Our student community demographics are: 94% identify as students of color, 79% qualify for free or reduced price lunch, 23% are English language learners, and 10% receive special education services. We strive to cultivate a representative team of teachers and leaders that reflect our students’ diversity.
- Our schools are looking for talented and committed English Language Arts Teachers to play a key role in the establishment of curriculum and culture as they develop a high quality education program from the stages of vision to execution.
- Our students deserve continuously strong teaching from the time they enter kindergarten until they graduate from college or begin a career. As such, our English Language Arts Teachers will work closely with each school’s leadership team to ensure our students learn, grow, and achieve transformative life outcomes. Each English Language Arts Teacher will be responsible for ensuring that our students have the opportunity to learn in an environment of joyful, excellent, and equitable teaching.
- Above all else, the most effective English Language Arts Teacher will find joy and purpose in teaching children the habits necessary to be successful in school, and they will relish the opportunity to cultivate our students with a love for learning. They must also be committed to KIPP Public Schools Northern California’s mission, while possessing the beliefs, character traits, and skills necessary to ensure student growth and achievement.
- English Language Arts Teachers are expected to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a TK-12 learning environment, both in an in-person classroom setting and virtually, that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic and socio-emotional potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal or direct manager.
Ideal KIPP Teacher Qualities:
- Model KIPP values
- Be committed to being an anti-racist educator
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Possess strong content area knowledge and skills building relationships with students, families, and communities
- Teach in our extended day and year schedule
- Contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Have proficient knowledge of Google Suite applications (Google Classroom, Hangout, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Have the ability to learn and utilize instructional technology to support in-class and distance learning (i.e. Zoom, Nearpod)
- Hold a B.A/B.S degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Hold a valid teaching credential, be in the process of securing a credential, or be willing to commit to earning a credential while teaching KIPP.
- Experience as an educator teaching students with similar demographics to our KIPP NorCal student community
- Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese or Mandarin speaking proficiency
Health & Safety
- Per California state requirements for public schools, all staff must be vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccination) or submit to regular and frequent testing.
Our schools are engaged in on campus (in-person) learning, full time, 5 days a week. Please click here to read more about our health & safety measures at our schools.
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and transportation benefits. Although KIPP does not post salary scales, we are happy to walk candidates through the compensation package.
Questions? Email us at [email protected]
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022