||December 27, 2021
||Other Teaching Jobs
A laid-back, collaborative family in Boston, MA is seeking a warm, educational, and toddler-savvy nanny for their 3.5-year-old and 1.5-year-old children!
Location: Brookline, MA
Ages of children: 3.5 years old and 20 months old
Start Date/Contract Dates: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
Schedule: Full-time guaranteeing 50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays with working hours between 8:30am to 6:30pm. Flexibility for weekends, evenings, and overnights may be asked and appreciated with advance notice.
Compensation and benefits: The family is offering $30-$35/hour depending on experience and education, and are happy to discuss additional benefits including relocation assistance, assistance with healthcare, end-of-year bonus, and PTO equaling an annualized earning in the $85-100K/year range for the perfect applicant.
Live-in/Live-Out: Live-in. Accommodations include a private bathroom, bedroom, and living area on a separate floor in the family’s home.
- This down-to-earth family has recently relocated to the Brookline neighborhood where they enjoy visiting nearby walking trails, parks, playgrounds, and a shopping and eating area just a 15 minute walk away! The family has been thriving while creating safe, fun, and intellectually-stimulating activities in their home that has ample space for play both inside in their two dedicated playrooms, or outside on the swingset and sports court!
- Their 3.5-year-old is vibrant and fun-loving; she attends half day outdoor school 5 days/week. Their 20-month-old is active, curious, and encompasses all of the playful, exploratory behaviors usually associated with the toddler stage. The family deeply values an environment that fosters independence, resilience, self-confidence, as well as understanding and respecting boundaries (while still making their children feel effusively warmly loved!).
- The family takes COVID precautions very seriously, especially while awaiting vaccination eligibility for their children, and is excited to welcome in a candidate who shares in their COVID risk tolerance during on and off time.
- Dad works full-time from a home office and mom is jumping back into work from another home office. They look forward to creating a balance of tag-teaming and providing space and autonomy for their nanny to thrive when providing sole care. They are excited to welcome a collaborative partner in their nanny to provide an enriching, fun-filled, educational environment for their children.
- Strong background in caring for toddler-aged children and knowledge of the associated developmental milestones is key!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who would enjoy feeling like a welcomed, integral part of this informal and loving family’s home! The family is looking for a partner who can be especially involved in their 20-month-old’s development and growth by supporting independent play-based routines, encouraging good behavior patterns, and beginning to potty train. Afternoons will be spent either independently managing or partnering with mom through the afterschool and evening routines of both children.
- A candidate with prior toddler care experience and someone familiar with the Montessori and/or RIE philosophies would be a dream come true for this family, though they would be equally excited to work with a candidate who is intellectually curious and is open to learning more about these methods and other child development approaches.
- They would love to work with a candidate who is a warm, positive, and fun playmate to their children while still able to lovingly enforce boundaries and encourage good manners.
- Healthy eating habits are also important to this family, for their children in particular, so they are seeking a nanny who can help to cultivate this.
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Educationally-minded and experienced supporting the toddler and early-elementary stages
- Step in and out intuition and a collaborative, can-do mindset
- Driving is required in this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. Experience driving children is a must, and winter/snow driving experience is strongly preferred!
- Comfortable preparing healthy meals for the children
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable law and willingness to follow COVID-19 safety protocols
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022