||January 13, 2022
||K-12: Public Schools
TITLE: Librarian/Media Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Salary based on Approved Certificated Compensation Plan (Education and Experience) 187 or 189 Day Work Calendar
REPORTS TO: Principal
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The School Librarian oversees all aspects of the library and acts as the primary resource for all media resources.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (Essential Functions)
- Initiate programs and projects by designing and developing programs with teachers for better utilization of the library.
- Conduct orientation in the library, its resources and programs for incoming students and new faculty.
- Inform teachers of services the library provides, including lists of new materials available.
- Supervise the training of volunteer workers, student aides, and library assistants.
- Provide for the teaching of library skills and general reference services to students and faculty.
- Plan with the teaching staff selection, coordination and use of library materials in the curriculum, including the preparation of bibliographies, etc.
- Evaluate materials for selection by attending workshops, conferences, professional meetings at the Intermediate Unit and by reading professional publications.
- Organize the collection through the selection and supervision of the processing of new materials, delegating the actual processing of new materials to the
- Periodically supervise the weeding of the collection, using the Weeding Policy as guidelines.
- Plan the library/media program by working with the library/media supervisor, administration and teachers.
- Promote the use of library materials through bulletin boards, displays, announcements, etc. to students and teachers.
- Delegate duties and appropriate authority to educational assistants.
- Submit reports to administrators and library/media supervisor as requested.
- Assist in the formulation of library policies, curriculum planning, and development of budget requests.
- Provide for any original cataloging of new or donated materials which do not have cataloging kits/and MARC records for online catalogs.
- Use automated programs for library management and circulation.
- Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Successful documented experience as a classroom teacher or school librarian.
Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 lbs.
Valid Arizona teaching certificate in the area of library science and/or instructional media.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022