||January 14, 2022
||K-12: Independent/Private, K-12: Public Schools, Other Teaching Jobs, K-12: Charter Schools, K-12 Religious/Parochial
||Yes, State Teaching License
CalTPA Assessor Qualifications
To be eligible to score the California Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA), an applicant MUST meet the following requirements and attest to these requirements at least once annually.
Be a current (or retired within the last 3 years) California education professional in one (1) or more of the following capacities:
- University/program educator providing instruction to TK–12 teacher candidates within a CTC-accredited teacher preparation program
- Field supervisor
- Mentor or master teacher
- TK–12 teacher
- TK–12 administrator (e.g., principal, assistant principal)
- National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT)
Have expertise in the content area assigned to score in one (1) or more of the following ways:
- Hold a current California Clear Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential, or added authorization, in the content area
- Have university teaching experience in the content area
- Hold a degree in the content area
Adhere to the following confidentiality requirements:
- Maintain the confidentiality of the assessment materials and knowledge gained as a result of participating in scoring the assessment, and will not share information with anyone (e.g., candidates, colleagues, etc.) without direct permission from the Commission and Pearson.
- Agree not to participate in any professional activity, beyond employment in a TK–12 school/district/county office or institution that requires candidates to use a CA-approved performance assessment, that results in payment for services related to supporting candidates in completing any CA-approved performance assessment. For example, TPA independent tutoring or consulting positions.
In order to score candidate submissions, assessors must complete the requisite training and meet the established calibration standards. Assessors will be paid for time spent in training, calibration, and scoring submissions.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022