||May 13, 2022
||K-12: Public Schools
POSITION: Assistant Principal
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: Ensure the effective organization and operation of the school, the instructional program and related activities.
- Educational Leadership Certification as required by the Professional Standards Commission.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Minimum five years of successful/acceptable teaching experience.
DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Curriculum, Assessment, and Instruction:
- Creates a school culture where student learning is the priority and of high expectations for the learning of ALL students
- Leads faculty to continuously seek and evaluate emerging practice that can be used to improve curriculum, assessment, and instruction
- Direct involvement in the alignment and implementation of the Georgia Performance Standards, through assessment and instructional strategies
- Leads the faculty in the design of instruction based upon ongoing progress monitoring, to include differentiation, acceleration, and re-teaching
- Monitors the Response to Intervention (RTI) process according to guidelines
- Provide support resources and structure to plan collaboratively, on the job, to implement a standards-based curriculum
- Leads the faculty to recognize changes in technology to realize its impact in teaching and learning
- Leads teams to analyze multiple data sources and synthesize data points to identify root causes; trains others to do the same
- Demonstrates the ability to lead teachers to analyze multiple sources of data to monitor student progress, identify intervening strategies, and document results (RTI)
- Communicates information from data collection and analysis using charts, graphics, and reports
- Participates in the development of the School Improvement Plan; implement, monitor and evaluate
- Examines current procedures and identifies areas for improvement OR creates procedures, where they do not exist.
Learning and Performance Development:
- Participates in school/district/state study teams
- Ensures that professional learning aligns with key goals of the district and school
- Stays abreast of current educational research and practices and shares it
- Provide support resources and structure to learn collaboratively, on the job, to implement a standards-based curriculum
- Communicates the school and district vision, mission, beliefs through actions/work
- Communicates objectively, fairly, and ethically with students, families, faculty, staff, district personnel, and community
- Establishes clear expectations of staff in their response to students, parents, colleagues, and the community
- Gains consensus when addressing internal issues, whether operational or instructional in nature
- Demonstrates the ability to work with and actively seek to collaborate with stakeholders in the school community
- Leads teachers in the development of measurable, individual/grade/department goals that focus on student achievement
- Provides timely formal and informal performance feedback to staff for the specific purpose of improving individual and student performance including the implementation of the teacher evaluation process according to guidelines
- Lead teachers in the design of engaging student work
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback to improve student and teacher performance
- Administers and effectively organizes resources, processes, and systems to support learning and teaching according to identified school instructional priorities
- Effectively organizes testing protocols in support of learning and teaching
- Effectively organizes and institutes discipline procedures in support of learning and teaching
- Effectively organizes facilities and maintenance in support of learning and teaching
- Implements and monitors procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of the students and staff
- Effectively organizes schedules in support of learning and teaching
- Follow and enforce school, administrative, district, state, federal rules and regulation
- Effectively organizes extracurricular activities in support of learning and teaching
- Assist the principal in the development of school budgets according to state and board regulations and guidelines and determines the appropriateness of purchases
- Discerns when and where change is necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to drive and sustain change in a collegial environment focused on continuous improvement in student achievement
- Identifies "backers and supporters" to enlist in support of the change
- Balances "pressure" and "support" to drive sustained change
- Ensures decisions are linked to vision, mission, and strategic priorities
Other Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics for Educators in Georgia as established by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- Project a positive image when dealing with the public, employees, parents, and students.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click to View Salary Schedule: Certified Schedule plus stipend
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022