||May 13, 2022
||K-12: Public Schools
REPORTS TO: Principal / Assistant Principal
- Master’s Degree
- Valid Georgia Certification Media Library K-12
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Is present at work everyday, on time, and performs all duties as assigned effectively and efficiently.
- Is neat and professional in appearance befitting the job they provide the school
- Shall exhibit a professional attitude and demeanor at all times in dealing with the board, school administration, fellow employees, parents, students, and the
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of internet and email as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of other computer applications as applicable to job
- Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written communication
- Complies with school, system, state and federal regulations and policies, including the PSC Code of Ethics, as related to job
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and material; adheres to chain of command.
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skills to promote proficiency in the operations of an organized, modern, updated and efficient
- Participates in professional organizations, workshops and professional learning activities and applies what is learned to the job working through the Principal and Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and
- Shows initiative and assumes responsibility for all aspects of job responsibilities; performs routine duties and tasks with little or no direct
- Exhibits time on task and a flexible, cooperative, progressive and hardworking attitude and style.
- Assists administration with implementation of
- Supports the vision/mission of the
- Reports to principal about status of
- Makes recommendations of appropriate actions and alternatives to the
- Keeps abreast of and informs the principal of current trends and developments concerning area of
- Monitors compliance with policies and laws concerning area of
- Coordinates the building media
- Recommends building media policies and implementation procedures in line with system policies and
- Serves on curriculum and textbook adoption
- Assists teachers in designing and developing instructional
- Recommends media and technology based on the needs of the instructional program and the individual
- Plans with the instructional staff to integrate media skills instruction with classroom
- Manages and ensures accessibility to media resources and facilities at all times during the school day and school
- Coordinates the acquisition, processing, organization circulation, maintenance and inventory of print
- Updates and maintains the automated media management system in a timely
- Keeps users informed of media services and
- Promotes effective utilization of facilities, resources and
- Maintains inventory of electronic equipment on
- Adheres to and assists in monitoring adherence to federal copyright laws and guidelines regarding printed and electronic
- Assists with the design and implementation of Acceptable Use Policies for students and personnel.
- Plans and implements media budget according to system guidelines and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Assists teachers in the use of technology and software programs in designing their
- Assists students in computer log ins, setting up school email, using various software programs available on the
- Prepares the state technology inventory for his/her school and submit
- Set up equipment as needed for guests and presenters to the
- Assists teachers with the use of resource scheduler, and the use of the electronic technology work order system used by the
- Assists teachers with the equipment in their classrooms by trouble shooting connecting problems, replacing blown lamps, and reporting necessary repairs to the appropriate department (RESA, technology, building maintenance).
- Order supplies and maintain media equipment such as laminator, batteries for student response systems and other equipment used to produce classroom
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022